Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ASG CZ SP-01 review

GARD72977

Let me start of by saying I'm not an airsoft guy. I have owned a WE G 34 before. That was my only experience with airsoft. 

I have had the ASG shadow for about a week. The gun is so close to my real gun that I use it for dry fire. The best feature is the sights. It has a fiber-optic front and black rear that are Identical to my match gun.

Accuracy is better than I expected. It shoots better with .28g BBS than .20g. I have .30 ordered. It is point of aim accurate to 15+ feet with the .28g. I have been shooting coke cans off my PVC target stands steel challenge style. I'm addicted.

It comes with a green gas mag and I purchased the co2 mag for 29.99. I did not get a round count from the co2 but it is about 2 mags. A little less than I expected. I have not shot it across the Chrono but will post sum numbers later this week.

It weighs a little less than the real gun but has plenty of weight to practice with.

The quality seems very good. The grips off my match gun fit the airsoft gun. I'm not going to order a set because the rubber grips feel close enough.

Overall I really like the gun and im having a ton of fun.

Just wanted to say a few things I did not hear in the YouTube reviews. 

• 1 month later...

Lars Hagemann shoots an ASG SP-01 in Action Air competition in Europe to huge success. He won the European Champs in Production and just competed in Holland last weekend winning Std Division (production set-up)
Go Co2 mags all the way as green gas is a little pathetic. Longevity is an issue as aftermarket replacement parts are not to be found.
Talk of the Shadow2 coming soon with Lars's input.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was checkin out one on some website the other day.  The youtube reviews look pretty good.    I think what got me to it though was the orange grips posted somewhere that are "airsoft"   They look legit from the photos.   I thought about ordering one for practice at the house.   

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Anybody have any feedback regarding how the trigger on the ASG compares to an actual Shadow?  I always teased around with getting one, but couldn't justify it without handling one first.

11 hours ago, Tanders said:

Anybody have any feedback regarding how the trigger on the ASG compares to an actual Shadow?  I always teased around with getting one, but couldn't justify it without handling one first.

The trigger is not comparable. Biggest downside imo. Much to soft on the airsoft.

My ASG doesn´t work anymore. Somehow the gas pushes our of the sear area when shooting.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I've had a CZ SP01 airsoft gun for a while now and I agree the weight and accuracy is great for practicing.  I use it with a laser trainer hooked up to my computer, I believe it is very beneficial as a training device.  I've thought about setting up the airsoft USPSA targets and shooting BB but don't want to deal with the mess.  How do any of you deal with all the BBs that accumulate indoors?