Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Scorpion Mag Changes

Started to dry-fire with my Scorpion to get ready to for next season shooting PCC.  One thing I noticed is I needed to down load to 26/25 rounds to be able to reliably speed reload.  Anything above that it was hit or miss if the mag would lock into place.  Wanted to see if anyone was running into the same thing.  My mags are brand new.

I have ordered the Yeti Wurks +3 base plate and mag release.   The OEM mag release is just a bit to far for my trigger finger to activate reliable under stress. 

I received the email below from Springer Precision on mag extension for the Scorpion.

"It is still in the design stage and unfortunately we don't have a set ETA nor final capacity details for it at this time.  Thank you very much for the interest Brian!

"

Edited by brisix

brisix you'll love that mag release. It's a much shorter reach to drop the mag. And the paddle gives you a lot of real estate to hit when grabbing your mags. It's the second best mod after the Gear Head Works reverse safety lever.

On 10/9/2016 at 11:20 AM, brisix said:

I have ordered the Yeti Wurks +3 base plate and mag release.   The OEM mag release is just a bit to far for my trigger finger to activate reliable under stress. 

I received the email below from Springer Precision on mag extension for the Scorpion.

"It is still in the design stage and unfortunately we don't have a set ETA nor final capacity details for it at this time.  Thank you very much for the interest Brian!

"

Did you move the grip forward and try that for the mag release?  I ran into the same problem until I moved it.

15 hours ago, frag316 said:

Did you move the grip forward and try that for the mag release?  I ran into the same problem until I moved it.

Good idea.  I just ordered a Switchback grip for Yeti Works and was going to adjust it to see if it made hitting the mag release faster and easier.   The big weakness for me with PCC is the reload, 1.71-2.00 seconds.   Probably not a big killer in a match but I will need to get that close 1.0 sec to get a GM card.