Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

URC DMR/RECCE Rifle Match 10/15, Exeter PA

The second URC rifle match is open for registration.  This is a new club on the map for rifle matches.  

They were formed more than 100 years ago to train soldiers how to shoot in WWI.   

There are two classes: 

DMR - A scoped rifle with an optic capable of greater than 6x, or a bipod used. Any non-magnum caliber. 

RECCE - Any optic 6x or under and no bipod. Any non-magnum caliber. Most 3-gun rigs are well suited to participate in this class. 

This is an all rifle match. There is no pistol required. We will shoot six or seven stages and be on our way home by 1pm. 

Round count will follow but should be just north of 100 if you have occasion to fire them all. Max distance is 500Y for both classes. Min distance = 100Y. 

Expect lots of walking and running movers, distance shots, and flagrant use of the shooting tower. Don't be scared of the distance shots if you've never done them. Most are "shoot until you hit it." If you are a 3 gun shooter, your rifle game will definitely rise up with this kind of practice, and the longer shots won't be something to worry about anymore. 

Online registration: 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdv2eW2JAsSWdADk2S4MNcf4bD8iSSnSaBn99lNNFJpGDfgkA/viewform

On 10/2/2016 at 9:45 AM, Fargo007 said:

The second URC rifle match is open for registration.  This is a new club on the map for rifle matches.  

They were formed more than 100 years ago to train soldiers how to shoot in WWI.   

There are two classes: 

DMR - A scoped rifle with an optic capable of greater than 6x, or a bipod used. Any non-magnum caliber. 

RECCE - Any optic 6x or under and no bipod. Any non-magnum caliber. Most 3-gun rigs are well suited to participate in this class. 

This is an all rifle match. There is no pistol required. We will shoot six or seven stages and be on our way home by 1pm. 

Round count will follow but should be just north of 100 if you have occasion to fire them all. Max distance is 500Y for both classes. Min distance = 100Y. 

Expect lots of walking and running movers, distance shots, and flagrant use of the shooting tower. Don't be scared of the distance shots if you've never done them. Most are "shoot until you hit it." If you are a 3 gun shooter, your rifle game will definitely rise up with this kind of practice, and the longer shots won't be something to worry about anymore. 

Online registration: 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdv2eW2JAsSWdADk2S4MNcf4bD8iSSnSaBn99lNNFJpGDfgkA/viewform

What is the entry fee?

16 hours ago, Fargo007 said:

Thirty bucks.  Sometimes there are prizes but it's nothing extravagant.  

16 hours ago, Fargo007 said:

Thirty bucks.  Sometimes there are prizes but it's nothing extravagant.  

Cannot make this one but I would like to try one of your matches in the future.

Do you have a date for your next one?

I don't, but I'm definitely going to keep doing them, so hopefully a November match.

Now that we have this new RECCE class, I'm having all kinds of fun again, and of course that makes all the work worthwhile.  

If the turnout is good and justifies the club closing the range, we will have no problem.  

There is drone footage from the first one we did there.  I will post it when it is ready.