Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cameron's custom guns.

brew460

Ed seems like a great guy talking to him on the phone. He is very knowledgeable. I haven't been able to see any of his guns in person. I have one on order can't wait to receive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked one up from another member here and it is incredibly impressive. Attention to detail is awsome. It's tight and the trigger is amazing. There is another guy at one of my local matches who shoots a 6" Cameron's and he has nothing but good things to say about it. 

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 2:50 PM, brew460 said:

I'm look to purchase a gun from Ed Cameron. Has anyone had experience dealing with him? Is his product worth the price

You'll get a great gun from a great guy for a good price (quality doesn't come cheap).

-ivan-

Edited by ivan

Yes and yes.  My Cameron runs 100%.  EMG custom is badass too.  (Former Cameron partner).  I had heard Camerons was going to do limited runs with 1 or few models but I didn't talk to him personally.  There is no wrong answer from either shop.

I've known Ed Cameron for close to 30 years and have always been impressed by his attention to detail.   Very impressed with his guns.  They are reliable and great shooters.  Glad to see he is still producing fine products.

On 10/2/2016 at 6:41 AM, brew460 said:

Ed seems like a great guy talking to him on the phone. He is very knowledgeable. I haven't been able to see any of his guns in person. I have one on order can't wait to receive it.

You'll have to post some pictures and your thoughts about it when you receive it. 

When my oldest son is ready I want one for him, because his name is cameron, be pretty awesome. I will start saving and hopefully catch one on the classifieds at a decent price

17 minutes ago, brew460 said:

Will do. I'm scheduled to receive it in the beginning of 2017.

Cool, and the turnaround time doesn't seem to be too bad either. 

The Cameron's Custom Guns are some of the best out there, I have and shoot several, a 6 inch limited gun and two open guns. You will find  the attention to detail is better than any other gun out there.  His lines are very classic and they are highly sought after, so they will hold a good resale value.

Really the biggest problem is you will get to order it the way that YOU want it.  (there are a number of different slide cuts, serration cuts and other cuts that are all different) So it really is helpful to see several so you can choose exactly how you want it built or at least look at a number of pictures. I was lucky enough to see him at Nationals and Area 2 so I could not only look at a number of his guns and then think about what I wanted.

Best of luck to you and you wont be sorry with it !!!!!!

Choy

The Cameron's Custom Guns are some of the best out there, I have and shoot several, a 6 inch limited gun and two open guns. You will find  the attention to detail is better than any other gun out there.  His lines are very classic and they are highly sought after, so they will hold a good resale value.

Really the biggest problem is you will get to order it the way that YOU want it.  (there are a number of different slide cuts, serration cuts and other cuts that are all different) So it really is helpful to see several so you can choose exactly how you want it built or at least look at a number of pictures. I was lucky enough to see him at Nationals and Area 2 so I could not only look at a number of his guns and then think about what I wanted.

Best of luck to you and you wont be sorry with it !!!!!!

Choy

Choy,
What did you think about the 6" limited gun?
That's what Ed is building for me. I read some people feel the 6" is sorta sluggish.

I have two dawson 5 inch guns full dust cover BBL and such (very heavy), and two 6 inch guns, with the weight that Ed takes off his 6 inch gun I really don't feel like it is "Slugish"  how ever I load 180 grain bullets with vit 320 and find that the 6 inch gun has a little more mzzle lift than the 5 inch gun and so needs to be shot a little slower.  It still comes right back to the point that the first shot was on but just a little slower.  I have shot the 5 inch guns a little lately and they are very quick shot to shot because the slide cycles very quickly but they are much heavier than the 6 inch gun and I find that it transitions much quicker so think it is really a wash.

What I really like about the 6 inch gun is the sight radius much easier to get the sights on long targets and get hits on them over a 5 inch gun especially with tired old eyes. My other 6 inch gun is very heavy like the two 5 inch guns  (tungsten guide rod, BBL no lightening) with no loss of weight in cuts and such.  It is VERY soft in recoil but cycles really slow and now with the 6 inch Camerons makes  me crazy to shoot it lol.   I really wish you were close, I would let you shoot any and all of my limited guns and see  what you thought even let you shoot a match.

M

Thanks choy,
It would be nice to try a 6" out before I got mine. If everyone
lives near the Indianapolis IN area and wouldn't mine letting me try there 6" pistol out it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently running a STI Hex marauder 9mm. I owned a 5" full dust cover bbl in the past and didn't like the extra weight over the noise. I'm planning to use the 6" bushing barrel 9mm for 3 gun next year. I'm hoping the extra site radius will help me with the longer shots and will transition quickly to the closer shots as well.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You will love this gun.  Ed has built two 6" guns for me and a 1911.  There are a lot of people that build fine limited guns, but you won't find anyone that builds one better than Ed.  His attention to detail is unmatched.

nice looking gun. :) I believe Travis Gibson may shoot a Cameron's open 2011? at least it has a cameron 90 mount on it. lol.

edit: my mistake. looks like travis may run a EMG custom built 2011. 

Edited by BeerBaron