Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BUG ?

Dirtchevy841

11 hours ago, racknrider said:

As long as they meet that pesky ol' no more than 1" below the bottom of the grip rule.  8.2.6.6.1.7

Damn that's a lot of dots! Now I understand why you guys say there are too many rules.

Treat BUG like you're shooting a Revolver.... think in terms of 6 rounds downrange and slide lock reloads... you'll be just fine. At least, that's MHO as a IDPA BUG MA and Rev EX.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:37 AM, GOF said:

Treat BUG like you're shooting a Revolver.... think in terms of 6 rounds downrange and slide lock reloads... you'll be just fine. At least, that's MHO as a IDPA BUG MA and Rev EX.

Perfect.

Best description of BUG to date.

AD

11 hours ago, DreGarciaTAT2 said:

We don't even know what that means in Tucson. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. My aunt lives in Phoenix. Was really looking forward to shooting this match. Have to wait till 1st of next month. 

I shot BUG for the first time in a local monthly match with about 60 shooters and I was the only one in the division.  I haven't shot much lately, but overall score would've put me in 15th out of 38th in SSP, so at least I wasn't slowing the squads down too much.  Was happy with that until I saw a revolver guy that best my score by 20%, LOL.  Can anyone confirm if externally visible modifications such as aftermarket triggers are acceptable in BUG?  I'm under the impression that ESP rules apply and am considering an Apex forward set trigger for the M&P compact I'm using for BUG.

Edited by narwhal

3 hours ago, jdlincoln said:

But the BUG barrel must be no more than 3.6".

Right, except for dimensions (width 1 3/8", length 7 1/4", height 5 1/2", barrel length 3.6" and weight 29 oz w/ unloaded mag), everything else goes by ESP I think.

On 10/1/2016 at 1:15 PM, racknrider said:

Unlike that other sport where it takes 4 pages to figure out how to LMR or 3 pages to ULSC ?

What? The commands and the rules are nearly identical.

It just takes 3 to 4 *minutes* for us to rehearse every movement a dozen times.

And then speedunloadflipcatchroundhammerdownholster to compensate for the extra time at LAMR.

(Although I see the "unloading race" take place in both of these sports about equally amongst those mid-level and higher.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...