Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just bout a cz ts what kind of up grade should I get

Gridlock

Mine was creepy and had too much travel for my tastes.  I also thought the grip was a little much.

I did a grip reduction and some CGW goodies (sear, hammer, springs) along with a FO front sight.  I'm very happy now and have been shocked at how good it runs

6 minutes ago, Pistolpete9 said:

Mine was creepy and had too much travel for my tastes.  I also thought the grip was a little much.

I did a grip reduction and some CGW goodies (sear, hammer, springs) along with a FO front sight.  I'm very happy now and have been shocked at how good it runs

Sweet thanks 

If you don't mind sharing what was the cost for the grip reduction? Est or ballpark is fine.

Mine was free.  I did it myself and I am very happy with it, which surprised me because I've never done any frame work and I yard fairly cheap tools. I used all have told and it took about 8 hours.  Most of that was just sand paper stuff. 

Got the frame cerakoted afterwards and it cost me $50.  

Don't be afraid.  But if you are, pay someone else to do it.  Makes a pretty big difference (for me at least).  I can give you a few pointers if you want to give it a try, but there's some other posts that are good too.

3 hours ago, Pistolpete9 said:

Agree with all this ( minus the grip reduction)

I felt it was perfect as delivered - noticeable better than my Sig X1 Level 1.

Others replace the sights (adjustable), trigger lever (metal), grips (thin aluminum), and magazine well.

Of these modifications, I would consider a larger magazine well (to aid grip, not reloading) and possibly thick aluminum grips.

Once the trigger smooths and pull weight drops, it will be perfect.

19 hours ago, Matt1 said:

Drill and tap the frame for a thumb rest. Get a Czechmate magwell and grips for it. Grip tape on the slide. That's it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's one of my next things magwell