Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broke my Para

jrswanson1

I have a Canadian made P16-40 Limited.  I purchased it new, so I don't have an exact round count, but I've put at least 4000 rounds through it.  Saturday, in the middle of a stage, I hear a pfft and the action is back about 1/4".  Upon my return home, I checked the pistol out and discovered a crack in the barrel from the muzzle to about halfway down the barrel.  Ugh.  Looks like a trip to the smith is in order. 

Sorry to hear that.  Do you think it might be covered under warranty?  I've  only had problem with mine.  I had a magazine develop a crack at the back, at the top.  They asked me to send it to them for repair (I'm in California).  They sent me a new one, no charge.

I was shooting at Quantico last year.  I just shot a non-USPSA match at Sharpshooters this past Saturday, run by a local training group.  It was pretty simple, 4-stage match, since I haven't shot a competition since October last year.  I'm running a 180gr LFP with Unique.  180 pf.

On 2016-10-04 at 3:37 PM, fishpinoy27 said:

You can install a hybrid barrel. Its legal for uspsa Limited 

I don't think so as in appendix D2/D3 it clearly states that ports in barrels are NOT permitted!

• 1 month later...

The smith called Tuesday and told me my gun was ready.  I've never had that quick of a turnaround time on any 1911 I've ever had work done on!  The barrel was split lengthwise on the top and the bottom.  The smith got the Barsto barrel that I asked for, and he had to install a new bushing and slide stop along with the barrel.  With the new barrel, the action cycles a lot smoother than stock!  I'm planning on hitting the range this weekend to function check with my loads.  I'm still debating whether to get the barrel reamed for 10mm.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2017 at 8:36 AM, jrswanson1 said:

The new Barsto barrel is super tight.  I've stuck two rounds in that fit fine in my 40 revolver.  I will have to get it reamed, either as a 40 long or 10mm.  Still deciding.

Did you make a choice?  I would go for .40 long if it were me but then again I was never a fan of the 10mm even in the BREN 10 days. . . 

GT

14 hours ago, Retread1911 said:

Did you make a choice?  I would go for .40 long if it were me but then again I was never a fan of the 10mm even in the BREN 10 days. . . 

GT

I'm getting the barrel reamed to 10mm, after I purchase a dedicated Limited pistol, which is going to be a while.

14 hours ago, jstagn said:

Where is Sharpshooters?

Lorton, VA, northwest of Ft. Belvoir.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:05 PM, fishpinoy27 said:

Hybrid barrels comes in two kind. One is rib with port and rib without port. Currently I am using a rib without port for Limited division. Its called the sight tracker

IMG_0966.JPG

You polish the slides yourself? I drool every time I see these pistols. One half of me wants to see just how far a bone stock PC will take me in USPSA, the other half wants one of those pistols in my hands right meow.

15 hours ago, JFoley001 said:

You polish the slides yourself? I drool every time I see these pistols. One half of me wants to see just how far a bone stock PC will take me in USPSA, the other half wants one of those pistols in my hands right meow.

Start by laying a 800 grit sand paper in a flat surface and sand your slide side forward and back and forth. That is not a mirror finish. thats a typical two tone finish