Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Sights

v1911

Looking to replace the Heinie straight 8 sights on my STI Costa VIP. Great set of sights, but not good for competitive shooting. As much as I'd like to get a set of bomars to replace the rear sight, I'm not willing to have the slide milled, so I'll be sticking with Novaks.

Not sure if I want to go with adjustable or fixed. About the only thing I am set on is going with a .100 front sight. Any recommendations on sights you guys have gone with and why you chose them? And if you have a .100 front sight, what width did you feel worked best for your rear sight?

I liked the Hienie's, but they were way low on my Tactical (too low to fix with just a shorter front).  I replaced them with a Dawson .100 fiber optic front and a Dawson adjustable Novak-cut rear.  This set up is working well so far.  The rear notch is .120

51 minutes ago, RSDelta said:

I liked the Hienie's, but they were way low on my Tactical (too low to fix with just a shorter front).  I replaced them with a Dawson .100 fiber optic front and a Dawson adjustable Novak-cut rear.  This set up is working well so far.  The rear notch is .120

Have a pic of how that looked on your Tactical?

4 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

best combo I have found is SV competition rear with the Manny dot front.  The wilson .090 rear pairs well with the manny dot front also.

I was looking for Novak cut sights. All I found were bomar sights. Did I miss something?

21 hours ago, v1911 said:

Have a pic of how that looked on your Tactical?

No, but it is basically the same set that comes on the Marauders.  The Dawson adjustable Novak rear seems to just be a re-branded (and less expensive) version of the STI TAS.  Here's a pic I found of a Marauder:

marauder5.jpg

Edited by RSDelta