Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

12 minutes ago, Livin_cincy said:

I am sure you miss the Bungling Bengals as well.

I lived in Cincy for a couple years (Price Hill area), the Bengals fans are why I left.:D

Congrats on expanding your participation in your shooting hobby/addiction. Reloading is yet another method of emptying your pocket, you will soon be as broke and happy as the rest of us. Good luck!

4 hours ago, Livin_cincy said:

I am sure you miss the Bungling Bengals as well.

yep! they're right up there with athletes foot. I lost interest when the owner explained how it was OK if they lost. As long as they had x% attendance in the stadium. And prier to the building of the stadium the owner wanted, and got,  the citizens to pay for it through a raise in the sales tax. With the promise that  they would go back down in 5 years after everything was paid for. To date there is still a stadium tax on every ticket that is bought, the sales tax is still the same, the bungles are still loosing, every chance they get, and a lot of people are still not going to the games. Gee! I miss Cincinnati.

Instead, I live in a town with, maybe 8 stop signs, no traffic lights, people you don't even know, that pass you on the street pass you on the street and smile and at least look you in the eye. When you see someone running down the street you know they are exercising instead of trying to get away with the loot.

20 hours ago, Sarge said:

I like both but prefer gold star. Skyline is just so close to the house. I eat quite a few coneys. :) 

Just to show you how "Cincinnati" chili is, if you try to get your chili, cheese, and onion, on spaghetti the guy taking your order will curl up his lip and ask you what planet you came from. And may the lord forgive you if you tell somebody from Tennessee what the secret ingredients are in Cincinnati chili.

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, ThomasPI said:

Good info, plan to start to reload myself and may just bite the bullet and go blue. Between 9 and 40 SW shooting 150 - 200 rounds per week. I don't see saving money but shooting more lol.

Either Dillon will permit you to make lots of ammunition quickly for your calibers.  
The caliber conversions are more involved on the Dillon designs as most people have an entire toolhead with powder measure set up for each caliber.
They both can produce quality ammunition with minimal adjustments and maintenance during a reloading session.  
They are excellent at making large quantities of rounds once you have your guns special recipe figured out. 

There really is not a one size fits all press.   A progressive press produces quantity and a single stage quality.   The turret falls in between.  So the end use of the cartridge will best determine the best press for a job.  Many YouTube Reloader's have all three set up for use in their reloading room. 

For that low a volume, you could always just find a friend with a progressive machine you can use one night a month and crank our all you need in an hour.

If you do buy, Dillon presses hold their value well, so you're not really "spending" the money on a press, just a small amount of depreciation expense ;)