Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Sauer Romeo 1 mounting

buckley

• 3 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I contacted Sig Sauer customer service and they were unable to answer this question.

Then I contacted Glock about their MOS system. They were also unable to answer, which is understandable since they may not have examined a Romeo 1 yet.

I had the same question for Springer Precision last week and here is their answer: "Unfortunately the Romeo 1 is very unique with its dovetail and there isn't another optic that shares that configuration with the existing slide cut/screw pattern". 

9 hours ago, titandriver said:

I had the same question for Springer Precision last week and here is their answer: "Unfortunately the Romeo 1 is very unique with its dovetail and there isn't another optic that shares that configuration with the existing slide cut/screw pattern". 

Here is the bottom of the Romeo 1. What dovetail?

IMG_1391.JPG

1 hour ago, Garmil said:

Here is the bottom of the Romeo 1. What dovetail?

IMG_1391.JPG

Dunno - that was a direct quote from Springer Precision. I assumed they were talking about the slide cut/screw spacing so didn't much pay attention to the dovetail thingy.

I suspect what Springer means is that the sight is fitted to the slide in a manner which is similar to the way that the rear sight is fitted to the slide (although likely not as tight). I just bumped into a review by Alma Cole and he uses the term "dovetail" also.

I just bumped into a video describing the Romeo 1. I'll provide a link. If that fails, just have a look at Alma Cole's youtube page.

In any case, he does discuss the "dovetail" aspect of the Romeo 1 mounting. He also provides a fairly comprehensive overview of the sight itself.

• 8 months later...

So i just got my romeo1 in the mail today direct from sig. started mounting it to my p320 x5 and the screws seemed a little to long. Screwed them in for science and the screw on the left as you look down the sight will screw all the way in, the one on the right bottoms out 2mm to long. Called sig and i find it comical that they are advertising it on an x5 yet they dont have any screws for slide mounting. If anyone gets any news or finds a solution please let me know. 

Also this is my first ever post in the enos forum so..... hey guys 

3 hours ago, TitanX5 said:

So i just got my romeo1 in the mail today direct from sig. started mounting it to my p320 x5 and the screws seemed a little to long. Screwed them in for science and the screw on the left as you look down the sight will screw all the way in, the one on the right bottoms out 2mm to long. Called sig and i find it comical that they are advertising it on an x5 yet they dont have any screws for slide mounting. If anyone gets any news or finds a solution please let me know. 

Also this is my first ever post in the enos forum so..... hey guys 

I think I may haven replied to this on some other threads but it would take my dremel and a cutoff wheel and take 2mm off of one of the screws. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...