Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Para Double Stack holster

JFoley001

1 hour ago, dogtired said:

Easy pistol to fit, many great options.  What is your budget?  I would say kydex molded holster at a minimum.

We have a guy making them and Ive been thinking about going this route. Especially after seeing some of the prices on the Safariland and Ghost competition holsters.

I have quite a few Bladetech.  They usually fit and retain the holster well.  There are a few molders that are members here, Red Hill Tactical comes to mind.  I started with a Blackhawk without serpa with that pistol, I have a Serpa that works for 3Gun, and a Blade tech for USPSA.  Look at a few configurations like the DOH (dropped and offset), the Stoeger hanger, Springer Precision has a hanger, Invictus as well.  Tons of options.  Check the Classifieds here as well.

Hello: Get a Blade Tech drop and offset holster. It will be as fast as you are right now. They are only 0.1-0.2 seconds slower than a full race holster and a lot more secure than some. Get some Safariland 771's or 773's and you are set with a Shooters Connection belt. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - the trigger guard on a Para Pro Custom 16.40 is wider and taller than stock 1911s (the Para Pro Comp SSTK .40 is only wider). You may notice that the gun will rock slightly backwards in BladeTech holsters, especially the 1911 revolution model. This is because the shape around the trigger guard is sized for a GI 1911 trigger guard. 

Never bugged me enough to Custom-mold a holster. It will not fit standard 1911 race holsters either, which is why DAA makes a Para-specific insert. 

I am running the BladeTech STI Eagle holster for mine. The area around the trigger guard is sized for a 2011, not a 1911. Seems to work fine. I thought I remembered seeing at one point that BladeTech actually makes one for a Para double stack. I could be wrong. 

8 minutes ago, promtcy said:

> snip < Seems to work fine. I thought I remembered seeing at one point that BladeTech actually makes one for a Para double stack. I could be wrong. >snip< 

Yep ... is true!!

Mine .. the one in the photo above (purchased last year) was listed as a "Para Ord Pro Custom 18.9 - Black - N/A - Right Hand (HOLX000815165908)" ... Didn't actually see a listing for a 16.40 at the time ... but same thing.

It (the Para) also fit great in an old Blackhawk 1911 holster I had but spread out the Comp-Tac 1911.