Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question regarding "Irons/Limited/Factory"

Simple question for the other MD/RMs and Irons competitors. Would you allow an individual to shoot Irons with a 1x-?x scope assuming it stayed on 1x for the duration of the match? I understand it creates a headache for RO's and also a question of integrity for said individual. But what if you had a product that locked the scope on 1x preventing from being dialed up? The reason I ask is two fold. One: I shot Limited this weekend at our local match using a Vortex Viper 1-4. It was a last minute decision and the other competitors had no issues with it. The scope stayed on 1x for the match and I enjoyed shooting something different. Two: There is a severe lack of BDC red dots that are available on the market. The ability to bolt on a lock may encourage some to try another division.

On 9/26/2016 at 9:18 PM, RiggerJJ said:

This has been discussed before... No.

Adding 1x was a gift to the division, use what is available. Work with that or go TS.

jmho

jj

Agreed!  "Don't look at a gift horse in the mouth" :lol:

BTW, forget the idea of BDC in 1x. Burris tried it and failed miserably.  You can't make dots/lines thin enough to use at 400 yds->beyond without them being invisible.  I've been shooting the 'cheater iron' Leupold Prismatic for the past 2 years and haven't had to leave too many of those steel targets beyond 400 yds.

• 1 month later...

At a local a person can just hold themselves to a 1x standard if they want to try it out.  There is nothing but bragging rights on the table. The Vortex 1x is on sale at Midway for $200 so it isn't that big of a barrier for a major all else considered.