Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine poll

CAB33

Magazine Poll  

80 members have voted

1. 1. In 2016 which is the go to Limited or Open magazine(2011 style gun)?

• SVI
    • MBX
    • STI
    • Other

37 minutes ago, shootingchef said:

VS set the bar for magazine  reliability.

VS?

I never took the plunge to the old style SV mags. My STI tubes with steel spacers, grams springs and followers, and Bolens pads have always been extremely reliable. I can get 22/23 in my 140's and 28 in my 170's. 

I figure if I can't find a reload point somewhere on any stage I need to take up CO or IDPA.

VS?

I never took the plunge to the old style SV mags. My STI tubes with steel spacers, grams springs and followers, and Bolens pads have always been extremely reliable. I can get 22/23 in my 140's and 28 in my 170's. 

I figure if I can't find a reload point somewhere on any stage I need to take up CO or IDPA.

Shoot production for a season... you'll see a reload point at every footstep haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just got my first open gun so limited experience here- but the mbx mags I got for it have all been flawless. That said they're a bitch to load fully, but I assume that's the case with all mags like this. My factory mags have worked as well, but obviously have pretty handicapped capacity in stock form

25 minutes ago, shooterDrew said:

Shoot production for a season... you'll see a reload point at every footstep haha

Shot it for two years and had enough! That's why I went Open. I'm not the guy who says,"I think reloads make the game more interesting"!! If I could shoot a 40 round mag I would. :)

I give your advice to the new guys who show up and want to shoot production. If your feet are moving to another array, reload