Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Extended Mag release??

223to45

Since I have short thumbs I am looking at using a Dawson extended mag release with STI's paddle, to see if that helps.

I looked in the rules, didn't really see anything.  Is this OK?  How much is OK,  .190" or .265", they also have a option for moving the mag up or down .010" didn't see any against that.

Thoughts???

As long as it fits in the box you're ok.

For my small hands, I tried the paddle but found it rubbed when shooting making it uncomfortable. I ended up with the same set up as my limited gun, standard length threaded with the Dawson low pro button.

Height adjustment is available to solve mag issues, not reach issues.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Dawson extended mag release on my 1911 with an EGW paddle  . I have it set at 2 o'clock . Gun fits in the box . Makes reloads faster don't have to change my grip . Also there is a  paddle Wilson mag release you might want to look at  to . I prefer the Dawson .

I cant remember which one i have now, maybe STI, but its an extended button, but comes back toward the rear not out. I've never liked the big buttons that come out, but this one sweeps back so its easier for me to hit without shifting my grip much.