Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass hits red dot

AHI

I have the same issue with my 34 MOS. I have a reduced recoil spring and still get this issue. seems to be a common issue. When I called Glock they told me that I would have to send the gun in and with majors coming up, I don't really can't afford to have the gun gone that long. faa1cabcc6604bb30bcf8384163952f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

Having same issue with the G34 MOS w/ Vortex Venom. I am experimenting with the recoil spring. I have tried lighter springs(13lb Gen3 w/ adapter) down from the factory 17lb(Gen4) and it still occurred. Gunsmith recommend going in the opposite direction with an 18 or 20lb spring slowing the slide down a bit allowing the extractor to get the casing clear. I don't see anyone else mentioning the recoil spring. 

IMG_1981.JPG

On 4/18/2017 at 8:09 PM, Got2beshooting said:

I have the same issue with my 34 MOS. I have a reduced recoil spring and still get this issue. seems to be a common issue. When I called Glock they told me that I would have to send the gun in and with majors coming up, I don't really can't afford to have the gun gone that long. faa1cabcc6604bb30bcf8384163952f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was suggested to me to increase the poundage of the spring thus slowing the recoil down a bit giving the casing a chance to clear. Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...