Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Notifications not working (at all)

teros135

For the past few days I haven't received any notifications at all from the forum.  No new posts, new threads, notifications of quotes of my posts, nothing.  I'm missing out on all the good BE activity!  I've checked my settings, and they're the same.  My email address is working.

Has something changed, is there a bug, do we need to change something in our settings? 

Thanks in advance!

Let's try again.  Still no notifications.  Using Firefox 49.0.1 and Explorer 11.0 on home computer with Win 7, and the native browser on Samsung Galaxy S5 (SAMSUNG-SM-G900A) with Android 6.0.1.  Is that enough information?  If not, please let me know and I'll provide what you need. 

22 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

Im not getting any email notifications to followed forums or followed posts.  I get a notification in the notifications section of the site if someone quotes me but thats it.

For your member account, IP said:

Hello, this users mail server is rejecting our email in this case.

RCPT TO:<billy@netxxxx.us>: 554 Message Denied

18 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

Brian,  Can you PM me the IP address and domain name of the mail server relaying mail for the forum?  554 is a spam rejection from my macafee spam filter but its a flat out rejection....no quarantine.  Possibly no SPF record for the domain?  

From IP:

Hello, this is due to his spam filters currently blocking this server due to it not liking the current hostname, which is a little overzealous, however I do have a request in to adjust our host name, for now, if he would like to white list the IP of 

52.0.113.87 it will resolve his mail server issues though.

10 minutes ago, benos said:

What was the deal? (In case it helps others.)

For me, I don't know.  It went off, then recently it came back on.  I didn't change anything at this end. 

Anybody else make any changes?