Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Consistant Rear Sight hard right after sight in.

mvslay

I have a quirk about my sight in.  I have noticed when I Zero sight in on open sight/iron sight firearms I end up with the rear sight hard right.  I don't feel this is a trigger pull issue.  It is also on AR's and other open sight rifles.  I have fairly tight groups.  When I jerk a round it is low and a good deal left.  Do I have a vision problem?  If so do I need to correct it or just slam the sights full right and drive on?  I shoot both eyes open and am Right eye Dominant and right handed.

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue, except I'm a lefty, so everything is opposite.  I've concluded that I push the gun during the trigger pull, but I do it very consistently.  With .13 splits at 5 yards and A's and C's on targets at 50 yards; I don't think I'm broken so why try and fix it.  As mentioned above, try week hand and see where you hit.  When I shoot week hand, I am at the edge of 10 yard poppers and at the center of an imaginary target next to the target at 20-25 yards.  If anybody else ever shoots my guns, they hit generally were I hit when I shoot week handed.

On 9/24/2016 at 5:09 AM, TxD said:

Have your eyes checked for astigmatism.

This. I have astigmatism. I have to move the sights 2-3 clicks right on every pistol that I own to get centered groups, even from a rest. Of course I could be contributing to some degree by jerking the trigger.