Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seating 9mm 10rd mags

kamikaze1a

I have been hankering for a 9mm single stack but just read another thread about the difficulty with removing rounds from a full mag.  This got me wondering and did not want to highjack that thread so, how tough is it seating a full 10 round 9mm mag with the slide down...

Depends on the gun and the magazines. Some combinations have no issues at all while others simply refuse to seat when fully loaded. I have been accused of removing about 1/2 a coil from the magazine springs in Wilson and CM magazines. Not admitting to anything, but both sets of mags worked just fine ever since............. Never had that issue with Tripp 9mm mags.

With my PM9, I've only tried Dawsons and Tripps. For my particular gun, I found the Dawsons to be slightly easier to seat. It's just something you have to work on during dry fire (with dummy rounds of course). 

I just made the switch to SS last month and decided to shoot the Indiana 400 with 9mm. I must have done 45-50 reloads during the match without a single problem. But then at a club match last weekend, I failed to seat the mag twice out of maybe 10 reloads for the day. 

Thanks!  Great info!  I'll stick with Tripp, Wilson or Dawson.

By the way, in another thread here, someone said that if you slip a fired 9mm case over the bullet it helps while stripping the top couple of rounds...

Edited by kamikaze1a