Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pcc loads

Eric1231

Looks like I am the only one that loads just for my Wilsom Combat AR9.  147gn Blue Bullet,  2.5gn N310 @ 1.140 OAL  130PF  very soft shooting load.

On 9/20/2016 at 5:07 PM, Tech32 said:

I have been using the same loads as my handgun loads.  Keeping it simple.   3.2 grn titegroup with a 147grn blue bullet at 1.115 OAL is running about 1250 fps out of a 16" barrel.  Accuracy is acceptable.

This load is 184 PF has to have a lot of recoil.

Loading 165 X-treme with 3.9 grains or Longshot at 1.160" giving me 825 fps.  These make power factor in pistol and rifle.  Only about a 10 fps increase in the rifle 14.5" with a pinned comp for 16". 

I have also been loading 3.3 grains of Hodgdon Clays with 124 grain X-treme bullets at 1.160" these have shown no increase in velocity between a 4" pistol barrel and 14.5" rifle.  Average of 965 fps which does not make power factor but has equal recoil to my 10/22.  They are quiet compared to factory loads out of my pistols and out of the rifle they sound like a loud poof.  They still had enough power to knock down 8" plates on a plate rack at 75 yds.

I also load the 124's with 5.4 grains for Longshot producing 1035 fps out of a pistol and average of 1215 fps out of the rifle.   These were producing 3" groups at 85 yds

Anyone notice any feeding issues with flat nose loads?  I had been told that round nose feed better and flat nose have problems with the feed ramps in PCCs and I like to shoot flat nose out of my pistols.  Would like to keep the same load for both, just started a PCC build, dedicated Spartan 9mm Glock lower with M4 feed ramp on the upper.

23 hours ago, 3GDad said:

Anyone notice any feeding issues with flat nose loads?  I had been told that round nose feed better and flat nose have problems with the feed ramps in PCCs and I like to shoot flat nose out of my pistols.  Would like to keep the same load for both, just started a PCC build, dedicated Spartan 9mm Glock lower with M4 feed ramp on the upper.

I have not seen any feeding issues, what I have seen is barrels that have short throats or not enough feed bore and flat nose and JHP's will stick in the barrel when you try to unload the rifle when loaded to your/mine pistol OAL. I load all my 124's to 1.135 and they work fine in my Wilson 16" barrel.