Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm minor load data

Nick179

59 minutes ago, IDescribe said:

You'll likely be shooting with an extreme spread that big and will never notice the difference when you have a 4PF swing from one round to the next.  Don't get tricked into thinking chasing the PF floor is going to help you.  You'll never notice the difference after the shot timer chimes.  Pick your bullet and powder and work up a load to somewhere between let's say PF 130 and 138, looking for the most accurate load.  And that's your best load.  That's your pet load -- not the softest, but the most accurate in a reasonably soft range.  Recoil management comes from grip and stance, and grip, and stance, and a little more grip.  Shaving off a few foot-pounds of muzzle energy will give you a false sense of accomplishment in the short run, and it's great for impressing your shooting buddies "Feel this.  Ooooh.... aaaahhh...." but it's worth diddly squat under the clock.  ;) 

I was new to reloading then and instead of speaking in FPS I assumed most would be competition shooters here and relate to PF. As for wanting it in that range is actually what my gun liked. I had a buddy make me some different loads and those that ran 1,000-1,050 FPS or 125-130 PF were the most accurate and best feeling. 

On 10/3/2016 at 1:28 PM, PCKLST said:

I have run thousands of 135grn Blue Bullets over 3.2gn of TG with a 130 PF with really good results. Running a G34 with stock barrel.

I've been running 3.4 for a 132 PF, what C.O.L. are you running? And after a year are you still happy with this load?

Edited by floater

I've been running 3.4 for a 132 PF, what C.O.L. are you running? And after a year are you still happy with this load?

Running 1.14 oal and still using them and very happy. Also run their 180gn .40 in my major set up with very good results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk