Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Limited Build

dthomas1003

My parts and tools have started arriving today. The CK Arms LDC frame arrives on Monday. More tools and parts will be arriving later in the week. 

So far I have...

Brazos Slide

Bar Sto barrel

Grip and FCG from a DVC

CK Arms links

Everglades Ammo frame honing fixture

Everglades Ammo slide measuring fixture

image.jpeg

Fitted the Bar Sto barrel today. Did not run into any problems there. Took a look at the Ed Brown grip safety that arrived today. Either the holes were drilled off center of each other or it has an actual twist to it. Confirmed it with another frame and another grip safety on this build. Never seen that before. Back to Dawson it goes. Hopefully the rest of my parts arrive next week and I'll have this finished next weekend. I'll shoot it a bit in the white and then it'll be off for finishing. I'm thinking all back. This has been fun so far and I'm already thinking about the 2011 9mm I want to build for 3gun...lol

Finished fitting the bottom lugs of the barrel today. Saying fitting a gunsmith barrel is a challenge would be an understatement. Still have to do a little more work on the thumb safety and fit the grip safety. Then I just have to wait for the reamer and Aftec extractor to arrive and it'll be time to shoot this. 

I can't thank Matt Cheely enough. I emailed him several times today with questions and he answered everyone and got me pointed in the right direction. I'm sure he was busy but him taking the time to answer was greatly appreciated. 

Finished fitting the bottom lugs of the barrel today. Saying fitting a gunsmith barrel is a challenge would be an understatement. Still have to do a little more work on the thumb safety and fit the grip safety. Then I just have to wait for the reamer and Aftec extractor to arrive and it'll be time to shoot this. 

I can't thank Matt Cheely enough. I emailed him several times today with questions and he answered everyone and got me pointed in the right direction. I'm sure he was busy but him taking the time to answer was greatly appreciated. 

What did you do to fit the barrel? Why was it such a challenge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, Shrek1 said:

What did you do to fit the barrel? Why was it such a challenge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fit the Barrel hood. Ended up putting it in the mill for the back side. 

Filed the Upper rear locking lug channel on the sides to get the .045 lock up. 

Cut the lower lugs then filed the final contour so the pin traveled freely

Milled a little off the barrel shelf to eliminate the barrel ramp from rubbing too much. 

It was very slow process. Take a little off and check, over and over again, until that moment it all just started functioning together. All that was in conjunction with finding the right size link pin to make it all work harmoniously. Now I have barrel that locks up tight as a drum and drops down beautifully when it cycles. 

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Great job.  I bought an STI pro-fit slide frame kit with the intention of building an IDPA pistol.  I'm not brave enough to build it myself though.......

With the right tools, research, and taking your time, it was challenging but doable. Matt at CK Arms was very patient and helpful with a bunch of questions I had during the build.

• 1 month later...

DT , can you send me a pm and detail how you did the barrel fit process. im fitting my slide now and thats next your gun looks amazing and i mean amazing. im starting out with a raw slide and will be doing my own lightening etc.... wish me luck   but great job

• 1 month later...