Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting competition in the Knoxville TN area

BobT

Hi bob. We have a great club in Oak Ridge not too far from Knoxville. Here's the schedule:

First Saturday's - IDPA
Second Saturday's - Cowboy
Third Saturday's - USPSA
Fourth Saturday's - Steel challenge and 3 Gun

ORSA is hosting the TN Sectional for USPSA this weekend. Hope to see you out there sometime.

37 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

You might check www.uspsa.org until someone in the area chimes in ...   :) 

Well Duh!  I should have thought of that....:P

27 minutes ago, jliew08 said:

Hi bob. We have a great club in Oak Ridge not too far from Knoxville. Here's the schedule:

First Saturday's - IDPA
Second Saturday's - Cowboy
Third Saturday's - USPSA
Fourth Saturday's - Steel challenge and 3 Gun

ORSA is hosting the TN Sectional for USPSA this weekend. Hope to see you out there sometime.

Perfect!  Thanks!  We are looking at the smaller towns that circle Knoxville....so that would be right close....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

Welcome to East Tennessee.  It is a great place to live and own guns.  Tennessee is the "Patron State of shooting stuff"..Regarding USPSA, Check out our Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/ORSA-uspsa-119338841557558/  for match details.  We start shooting USPSA on the third Saturday at 10 pm, and our club matches have 7 challenging stages, including 2 classifiers.   You can register on practiscore.  Look forward to seeing you at the range.

• 4 months later...

Just a quick update.  We found a great house on the north side of Knoxville, and closed in November.  I retired after from my job of 33 years at the end of December and we officially moved the first week of January.

We went and visited the Oak Ridge club during the January USPSA match.  It's close to the new house, with a friendly bunch of shooters, (although pretty much everyone we meet down is friendly).  It looks like a great club and we are defiantly going to join.

I've already signed up for the February USPSA match.  Just need to figure out which box has all my gear in it.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Edited by BobT
typos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
27 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@BobT my parents just retired to Maryville. How has the area been treating you for two years?

Looking forward to hitting a match while I’m out that way at some point. Memphis is 6 hours away so I certainly didn’t have good reason to shoot in East TN before.

Been the best thing that ever happened to us. Love the area, love the people. We've made many friends over the past couple years.

Your parents should be very happy.

ORSA is going to be the closet matches to Maryville. Less than an hour, more like 45 minutes. ORSA Web Site

USPSA, IDPA, Mulit-gun, Steel Challenge, plus other stuff. Well run place.

The only other place nearby that I've tried is TAC2 about 90 minutes NE of Knoxville. Small, more "casual"

Let me know if you have any specific questions about the area.

And since my old thread came up again, I wanted to thank all of you that suggested ORSA almost three years ago.

We joined shortly after our first few matches, and are continuing to maintain our membership.

Edited by BobT

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Thanks for the info @BobT. I am only interested in USPSA on the 3rd weekends, I appreciate confirmation that ORSA is worth the drive.

Let me know when you attend. I go to almost every USPSA match at ORSA, and would like to meet you.