Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What optic to buy?

dddoo7

I am considering buying a new sight. I don't shoot competition, but I do shoot a lot and think that this might be something I would like to try out. I have a taste for nice stuff and am willing to spend the money if it will buy tougher, easier functioning, more features optics. Right now I have an fnx tactical and a ruger Mark ii that I want to try this on. The fnx is cut for optics and the Mark ii will get a rail. If I like it I might eventually put one on my carry glock 19.

I am considering the trijicon rmr and the delta point pro. There might be others that I would be better suited with and if so please let me know.

Questions: how well does the dual light rmr work after dark? I like the idea of no batteries, but don't want to sacrifice usability after dark.

Other than the dual optic/led, what is the difference in the rmr's other than the reticle?

What other similar quality optics in this category should I be considering that I have not?

As you comment, please also note which of these optics you own or are well familiar with. I would really like to hear from a few who have used both of these and can comment on advantages/disadvantages.

I use Burris FF3 8 MOA for everything.  I have five of them.  The oldest was slide mounted on my favorite 1911.  Somewhere around the 40,000 round mark the tiny plastic cover over the diode opening cracked and distorted the dot.  About a week later it fell out altogether.  The sight still worked fine, except there was more parallax than there used to be.  I sent it to Burris for repair.  About three weeks later I received a brand new replacement.  Cannot beat that for customer service.

BTW, it hold zero very well.  The only time I have to adjust zero is when I change loads.