Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow Orange and IDPA

CookieTheSwede

I shot idpa nationals the year of the accushadow debacle announcement days before the match,  with a 75 shadow target. That no one said a word to me about. But that's in the past and I'd never knowingly shoot nats again with an illegal gun. So yeah, it does happen.

57 minutes ago, MrTuna said:

Sorry,
I thought the dimensions would be the same as my 75 Shadow.

Thanks!

Sent from my bunker in the desert using Tapatalk

dimension wise, the magwell fits.

rulewise. an SP01 can compete in ESP, but has to be in SSP configuration. DA/SA, no magwell, no milling.

6 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I shot idpa nationals the year of the accushadow debacle announcement days before the match,  with a 75 shadow target. That no one said a word to me about. But that's in the past and I'd never knowingly shoot nats again with an illegal gun. So yeah, it does happen.

And at this year's Nationals at Cresson, a shooter did finally get DQ'd for his Shadow Target shooting in SSP division (and his holster with adjustment screws) after getting away with it at last years Lone Star Classic and Tulsa World Championship.

Not saying I agree with the rule at all, but it's a rule and should be enforced.  That's all I'm saying ^_^

Edited by extremist

3 hours ago, eerw said:

an SP01 can compete in ESP, but has to be in SSP configuration. DA/SA, no magwell, no milling.

That is not how I interpret the rules. 

SP01, DA/SA, no magwell, No milling = SSP

SP01 can also be shot in ESP (8.2.2.1.7) with permitted Features and Modifications (8.2.2.2):  SA Cocked and locked (8.2.2.1.6.2), with a magwell (8.2.2.2.23) (as long as it fits the box), and no milling (8.2.2.1.7 still applies)

I see no clarifications contradicting this. 

James

15 minutes ago, extremist said:

And at this year's Nationals at Cresson, a shooter did finally get DQ'd for his Shadow Target shooting in SSP division (and his holster with adjustment screws) after getting away with it at last years Lone Star Classic and Tulsa World Championship.

Not saying I agree with the rule at all, but it's a rule and should be enforced.  That's all I'm saying ^_^

What's the reason for not allowing adjustment screws?

because they, adjustment screws on mag pouches,  are a gamey uspsa thing. that's why they are illegal and no other reason. same for bullets out pouches.

uneven rule application and enforcement really makes things tiresome.

6 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

because they, adjustment screws on mag pouches,  are a gamey uspsa thing. that's why they are illegal and no other reason. same for bullets out pouches.

uneven rule application and enforcement really makes things tiresome.

Same thing for adjustment screws on  holsters, I agree a gamey thing.  But, IDPA is supposed to be "less gamey" B)

"supposed" to be more defensive but we can beat that dead horse forever, so I won't.

I agree with you 100% Rowdy.  "Selective" enforcement of rules by the ruling "clique" in clubs are what turn me off.  I shoot less with those clubs and more with clubs that are more neutral in enforcement - or don't shoot "IDPA" matches.

• 1 year later...
On September 13, 2016 at 2:53 PM, ItsCZas123 said:

According to IDPA website for production models the Shadow Orange is on it see below.

I have a Shadow Orange as well and it is an awesome factory gun.

CZ - CESKA ZBROJOVKA CZ75B Omega, CZ75 P-02, CZ75, CZ75B, CZ75B Stainless, CZ75BD, CZ75BD Police, CZ75 Compact, CZ75D Compact, CZ75 SemiCompact, CZ75 Combat II, CZ85, CZ85B, CZ85 Combat

CZ40B, CZ97B, CZ99, CZ100, CZ110, CZ2075 Rami, CZ2075D Rami, CZ2075 Rami P

CZ75 P01, P07, P07 Duty, P09, CZ75 SP-01, CZ75 SP-01 Tactical, CZ75 SP-01 Shadow, CZ75 SP01 Dual Tone, CZ75 SP-01 Sport (9x21mm version with OFM trigger stop as sold in Italy), CZ75 SP-01 Phantom, CZ75 SP-01 Shadow TR, CZ75 SP-01 Shadow Orange, Shadow 2.

Also approved: variants with original (CZUB) barrels which are longer than standard (e.g. SP-01A, SP-01DK), provided the barrel length does not exceed 127mm, and provided all other aspects of these variants fully comply with all other Production Division rules.

Also approved: original (CZUB) dual tone, coloured frame, and Shadow Line variants of approved models.

NOT APPROVED: CZ-USA and CZ Custom Shop variants (e.g. SP-01 Shadow Target, CZ 75 Shadow T, CZ 75 SP01 ACCU Shadow etc.)
NOT APPROVED: Frankonia models (e.g. Mamba, Viper etc.).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't the Shadow 2 46 oz? how do you make weight?