Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA shotmaxx timer

jstagn

Thinking of getting a DAA Shotmaxx Timer to wear at the matches. Have a regular timer that I use for practice, but it seems to me that actual times at the match would be a helpful training aid. Have video of each match and that helps. Interested in anyone who has experience with these timers.  Thanks...

jstagn, I didn't even connect your profile to yourself. It was nice seeing you. Unforunetly Shot Coach is only available for iOS (Apple) devices. You would have to transfer  your videos to an iPad or an iPhone I think. It should be available in the App store. I am an Android guy and wish it would come out for that platform. 

That's good news about the new ShotMaxx but then what will I do with my old one? I like it but it does leave some room for improvement. Absuotely the best solution for practicing while at public ranges since it can pick up shots from vibration versus just sound. 

Thanks alma, since I have private outdoor places to practice I just use my regular timer. I may look into transferring my match videos to my iphone... 

This is what I do. I save my videos to a OneDrive folder and then use the OneDrive app on my phone to save the videos and run them through shot coach. Making use of a ShotMaxx times from spy mode is more painful than learning the Shot Coach UI. And that's saying something.

I bought the current version of ShotMaxx from MidwayUSA.  I would not recommend it to others due to the following reasons:

1. The speaker stopped functioning after 3 months.  As a result, the watch is now officially just a "watch", with "spy mode" that still works.  If you are buying the watch for just "spy mode" that records your splits during matches, then go ahead.
  2. Before the speaker failed to work, I tried to connect the watch to my Nexsus phone but the bluetooth data transfer function never worked.  The app developer refunded my app purchase and told me the watch only works with iPhone over bluetooth.  So if you do use "spy mode" to record all your splits in a stage, you will have to manually write them down after each stage run if you use Android phone.

Shot Coach works great except it is only available on Apple devices. 

I used to run practice and match cofs with the shotmaxx in spy mode andfound it very usefull in breaking down my actual splits like first shot fr draw, last shot and first shot between shooting positions, transition between targets, etc. It helped me a lot to show my weaknesses. 

On 9/12/2016 at 4:58 PM, JusticeOfToren said:

I bought the current version of ShotMaxx from MidwayUSA.  I would not recommend it to others due to the following reasons:

1. The speaker stopped functioning after 3 months.  As a result, the watch is now officially just a "watch", with "spy mode" that still works.  If you are buying the watch for just "spy mode" that records your splits during matches, then go ahead.
  2. Before the speaker failed to work, I tried to connect the watch to my Nexsus phone but the bluetooth data transfer function never worked.  The app developer refunded my app purchase and told me the watch only works with iPhone over bluetooth.  So if you do use "spy mode" to record all your splits in a stage, you will have to manually write them down after each stage run if you use Android phone.

Shot Coach works great except it is only available on Apple devices. 

Same problems with shotmaxx and others have had the issue as well.  I have had 3 of them so far and they all end up with the same problem.