Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

With AP customs gone...

Trumpet

With AP Customs being gone, does anyone make a 15" lightweight handguard for DPMS patterned .308 rifles?  I'm building a precision build on an Aero M5 set.  I don't need rails, etc., just a sturdy handguard that I can put a bipod on.

On 9/12/2016 at 11:37 AM, mostholycerebus said:

Troy hired one of the Ruby Ridge snipers and later an anti-gun ex-police superintendent.  When customers complained, they basically told the customers to F-off.  

Politics should not determine rather they keep their job rather how well they do it. Troy makes good products. I would not fire an employee who did good work but had politics I did not agree with. Lets reverse this say you do a good job where you work and then get an anti gun supervisor should he be able to fire you? I don't think so.  

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Well, anyway....does anyone know if the top rail on the AP tube will match the rail on the M5 upper?  Or better yet anyone have contact info for AP?  I know they're out of business, but the guy couldn't have dropped off the earth.

2 hours ago, Alaskapopo said:

Politics should not determine rather they keep their job rather how well they do it. Troy makes good products. I would not fire an employee who did good work but had politics I did not agree with. Lets reverse this say you do a good job where you work and then get an anti gun supervisor should he be able to fire you? I don't think so.  

Pat

I never said they should be fired.  I, as a consumer, choose not to purchase from companies that hire employees who directly oppose my rights.  Troy's handling of their customers concerns also leads me to believe I would not be served there to the standard I prefer.

Troy stood by their anti-gun employees, good for them.  They make good product, but so do another 100+ AR15 parts companies.  I choose to spend my hard-earned money elsewhere instead.  

Trumpet: I cant say, I stopped looking into the AP railed tubes because their weight (and cost) savings wasnt much more over similar Midwest Industries lightweight railed tubes.  The MI stuff is also more narrow, which I like, has options to add rails if I ever decide I want that, and avoids the special challenges of working with carbon fiber.  FREX the MLOK 15" weights 13.5oz with barrel nut, and you could drop it lower by milling off much of the top rail if you only need a front BUIS.  The railed AP tube is 10.5oz with nut.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...