Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grandpower K22 X-Trim

jayjay1

I've got one the K22 X-Trim and a couple of X-Caliburs as well.  The K22 X-Trim has the same frame and Eliason sights as the X-Calibur, so it makes for some cheap practice and very convenient when I can't pick up my brass.

Mine is a 1st generation, and a little picky on ammo.  It cycles very reliable with Blazer, Minimag, M22 and Federal 510.  The newer generation of K22 X-Trims have a slightly lighter slide and revised dual recoil spring setup, so probably a little less picky on ammo. 

Accuracy is great with the fixed barrel.  Not quite as accurate my other fixed barre & fixed sight .22 target pistols, but I can still group ~1" at 10m. 

• 1 month later...

I was very interested in those as well but after much Google-fu and asking around, it seems that for the price you're better off jazzing up a Buckmark or Ruger Mark anything.

If you're dying for a full slide and ambi controls, get a M&P-22 Compact.

• 5 months later...

Well, after searching around I´ve always heard about ammo-issues (malfunctions) which is a Nogo for me.

As my daughter should learn to shoot with this .22 I´ve decided to go for a more accurate gun, so that she is able to get better results. 

I ended up with buying a M41 in an extreme good condition from a retiring older shooter.

It is built 82, so one of the old good ones, and looks like new.

The accuracy of it is better than mine....  B)

Though it is a bit heavy for my daughter, she gets better every training session with it.