Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RELOADING

DOODS

I try to have enough on hand for a week in advance....so I guess that would be as I need it. I know another guy who reloads all winter....just shoots and collects brass during the season

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Bummy425 said:

I try to have enough on hand for a week in advance....so I guess that would be as I need it. I know another guy who reloads all winter....just shoots and collects brass during the season

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I like this loading in winter and just collect brass and prep during shooting season. But on the other hand i like reloading its very relaxing. Will try different approach to see which one works for me.

Interesting thread as I load during the winter and try to get enough for the whole season.  I will load 2-3000 rounds of each of my favorite calibers over a few weekends.  My reason may be different than others.  My reloading bench is in the garage and in the summer in south Texas it is like working on the surface of the mid day sun.   Spent last Sunday out there starting at 5:00 am and was sweating so much by 7:00 am my socks were soaking wet.  

I have a SDB, and I load for about 150 rounds at a time, then stop because I get bored.

BUT, I try to have at least a month's supply on hand, so I will reload 3-4 times in a single

day if necessary - load for an hour - take few hours off and then back into it.    :)

3 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I have a SDB, and I load for about 150 rounds at a time, then stop because I get bored.

BUT, I try to have at least a month's supply on hand, so I will reload 3-4 times in a single

day if necessary - load for an hour - take few hours off and then back into it.    :)

Your probably retired?

• 4 weeks later...
On Thursday, September 08, 2016 at 8:30 PM, DudeRick said:

I tweak the load too much to keep a large stock of completed rounds.

I'm a tweaker too. I try to get a lot of the same componets, so when I find that perfict round I can start cranking them out. As best as I can on my 550. Once I get set up I do about 500 to 1k in a good week. 

1 hour ago, rustybayonet said:

I'm a tweaker too. I try to get a lot of the same componets, so when I find that perfict round I can start cranking them out. As best as I can on my 550. Once I get set up I do about 500 to 1k in a good week. 

If it's set up correctly, you should be able to load 300 an hour easy...450 an hour or better if you really want to...

For 9 & 45 I usually reload 750-1,000 in a session and will normally do 2 sessions (different days) in a week before cleaning the press and changing calibers.  That gives me about 2 months worth of inventory for 9 or 45.  Other calibers I usually only do about 500 at a time only because I don't have enough brass to do more and don't shoot the others - 38, 357, 44, 308, 30-06 - as much.

FYI - this is on a Hornady LNL AP.

BTW - I always like to have at least 1 months' worth of ammo in each caliber already loaded so that if life gets in the way I can still go to the range.

9 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

If it's set up correctly, you should be able to load 300 an hour easy...450 an hour or better if you really want to...

Once I'm set and primer tubes are full ( I bought an extra set) I have made 500 per hour. I just don't get to load everyday :(