Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CK Arms & MBX Magazine Issues

JAF1680

I just purchased 2 MBX magazines for my CK Arms Limited 9mm. The magazines will not fit in the gun. They fit in my other STI 2011's perfectly, but they will not seat in the CK. When I tore the gun down and inserted the magazine, it appears that the frame is too narrow to allow it to lock in. Has anyone else had this issue?

2 minutes ago, JAF1680 said:

I just purchased 2 MBX magazines for my CK Arms Limited 9mm. The magazines will not fit in the gun. They fit in my other STI 2011's perfectly, but they will not seat in the CK. When I tore the gun down and inserted the magazine, it appears that the frame is too narrow to allow it to lock in. Has anyone else had this issue?

I would shoot one of the CK owners an email and ask them about it. I see plenty of MBX mags in CK grips so I doubt it's your mags. But then again a thousandth of an inch is a lot sometimes. You might be able to adjust the mags without any ill effects.

I don't personally own a CK gun but I have seen plenty of CK guns open and otherwise take MBX mags without a problem.  Sounds like an isolated incident. Reach out to them as sarge said I'm sure you'll get some satisfaction. 

Same here, the only mags that I have ever used in my CK open gun.  By chance, you do not have anybody at your club with a CK Arms gun.  If you did, perhaps try the mags in their gun.  Just a thought anyway.  

Molson

I recently had the same problems with one of the nine MBX magazines I own.  All the others work great.  This one was rubbing just below the feed lips on the left side.  I just "tweeked" a tiny bit in a vise and it worked great after that.  This magazine was my most recent purchase. 

Atlas Gunworks does have a video on youtube that addresses this issue as well, although it was with the STI DVC 20111.  His solution was to open up the frame a little to make room. 

On 9/8/2016 at 11:44 AM, MHitchcock said:

Use MBX mags exclusively for my CK Thunder Open. No issues =/. I would contact CK.

Same here.  I have a CK Arms Hardcore Open and only use MBX magazines with great success.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Lock you slide back and insert mag. Check the front of the mag and see if it is hitting the feed ramp. I have two CK Arms and one Freedom Gunworks, on one of the pistols the feed ramp is slightly protruding. My MBX mags were hitting the feed ramp and after time they began to slightly bend the nose inward. Causing the nose of the bullets to catch and cause jams. Took me awhile to figure out. We compare the MBX mags to SV mags and MBX mags are longer in the front. Had two choices, trim the feed ramp or trim mags. We elected to trim front of mags and never had an issue again.