Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee depriming pin walking

I had made the switch to all blue.    But had a Lee u die sitting around....

decided to try the die on position one, on 550

i forgot got the joys of the de priming  pin walking.....   Even after torqueing the mess out of it.....

I recall I would have to re torque every after about 500 rounds

is there a more permanent fix?  Lock-tite?

Biglou,

i have been using the U die for years and never had a problem with the pin walking out.  I really crank the heck out of it to hold it in though.  My opinion is if you think it is tight enough, give it a little more.  

I have broken the pin in cases with the 2 primer holes, but never the ones with single holes.  Just have a spare nearby.  They are cheap on Amazon.

Molson

yep, mine never moves either. as above I've bent one pin on a case with 2 flash holes (berdan primed), broken one, but most of the time it just moves up when it encounters the berdan cases if I've set it properly. I can certainly tighten the collet up enough that it won't move. you need 2 spanners to do it right. one on the die body and one on the collet. nip it up tight. it's actually a useful feature. it definitely shouldn't be coming up regularly. I can't remember the last time mine moved in many thousands of rounds in multiple calibres. I have 5 lee sizing dies and one universal decapper (also an awesome die).