Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Question

OldJohn

With the hope of starting 3gun, just got a 1301 recently. Followed the Beretta vid for takedown - no problems. Cannot for the life of me get the barrel seated into the reciever to finish reassembly, however????

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?  Anyone have a similar issue?

TIA

OldJohn

John, were is your barrel hanging up in the re-assembly process?  In the receiver?  On the mag tube? Is the bottom of the barrel contacting the plastic tube and recoil spring?  I just lock my bolt open and the barrel slips right in.

More info might help someone steer you in the right direction.

Jeff

Stops about 1 cm short of fully seating. Appears/feels like it is meeting resistance inside of receiver. 

Beretta CS response was a joke. One sentence - "Make sure bolt is locked to rear."  Really? 

Getting ready to return it to Field & Stream  if I can't get it back together soon.  Need to figure out what to dwap the pos for:)

Thanks  

OldJohn

Do not give up on your 1301, they are truly wonderful guns.  I love mine, especially since Steve at Rose Action Sports perfomed some magic on it.

Double and triple check your assembly sequence against some reliable pictures or videos.  My 1301 will practically fall together.