Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Athlon Optic 1-6

Dberm118

I've been looking at jumping into tac-ops for 3 gun and just finally ditched my red dot. I was set on the strike eagle from vortex and was looking at scopes in that range. The owners at the gun shop I buy through are awesome. One just finished an awesome AR and had a 1-4 leupold and he recently jumped to the Athlon 1-6. Naturally I was curious why.

Since magnification has been on my mind I was very curious why Athlon. why not vortex or leupold etc..

Needless to say, I stopped in to pick up my 930 JM Pro ( I'm also ditching the pump gun 870) and he was nice enough to bring his AR with the Athlon on it.

The thing is unbelievable!!! so I ordered one. at a price tag of just over 500 it is a jump from the Vortex but it is awesome and the reticle lines are not as thick as the vortex and the vision with both eyes open on 1 power through 6 power is absolutely awesome!!

Just wanted to share my 2 cents on this optic as I haven't really seen the name on the forums. Can't wait to get it in and slap her on for the match next month.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 8:00 PM, Garmil said:

Mainly curious how good the illumination is in sunlight

I should be picking it up Friday and will be sighting in Saturday. Sunday I will be heading to the outdoor range and will let you know about the illumination in sunlight.

Interested to hear your thoughts on it. I just sold a Vortex Razor because it was too nice for me to not be shooting as much 3 gun as I'd like. I wanted something with similar glass quality and I ended up picking up a Steiner P4Xi 1-4. Sacrificing the extra magnification but I'm pretty impressed with the glass so far.

• 3 weeks later...

I've put some time in on this scope now and have it mounted slightly more rearward than last posted. It fits me much better. The reticle is daylight bright with off positions between each illumination power. The fast focus is nice and once you have it dialed there is really no need to mess with it. glass is unbelievably clear. My only gripe is the power lever. I wish it was slightly larger. It does however rotate very smooth and nice. I will be looking into the Switchview levers to see if I can get one to fit this dial. Overall this thing has blown me away! I love it.