Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tall cantilever scope mount - options?

adamge

Talking to Shiloah M and he uses a taller Larue cantilever scope mount on his 3gun AR.  Idea being to get the head into a more upright position.

Are normal scope mounts 1.5" height?  I see a Larue at 1.94".  Are there any other options?  Naturally I don't want to pay the 100% Larue name tax.

• 2 months later...

You have Midwest Industries, American Defense, larue and Wilson....

I would stay away from wilson's mounts.... Midwest Industries and American Defense are decently priced, larue as always is more expensive, but its larue. soooooo.

also, if your LE, MI and ADM offer significant LE discounts

Warne Scope Mounts has a new version of their XSKEL mount built on a 20MOA platform. I did a little research and realized that the Warne Scope Mounts website shows the measurements of the regular XSKEL centerline at 1.435 in and then shows an inaccurate 1.435 in. for their 20MOA mount. It must be substantially higher. I will be letting them know in the morning that the website is wrong. (Which isn't as douchey as it sounds because my wife works there.)

Bottom line is, if their 20MOA LRSKEL mount has the height you want, 119.00 for the LRSKEL mount from Warne seems like a nice deal compared to 232.00 for the LaRue. Both great mounts if they serve your purpose, but why pay more if you don't have to.

Call Warne Scope Mounts at 1 (800) 683-5590 and ask for Justyn (Pronounced Justin) Cory or Randy. One of them should be able to get the correct centerline height for you. If not, I can measure mine and get you a ballpark measurement.

Here is the link to the product. It's available in 1", 30mm and 34mm. Again, the centerline height is almost guaranteed to be wrong. Disregard until you get a confirmation on the height.

http://warnescopemounts.com/product/lrskel30tg-20moa-extended-skeletonized-30mm-msr-mount/

Edited by GregSmith

On 11/7/2016 at 5:05 AM, Garmil said:

That warne mount looks to be still regular height, it's not going to make his eye position higher which is what he is after.

I have one, it's about the same as every other mount.

• 5 months later...

Did a little web window shopping.  Here are the part numbers.  Larue is more money but available in non-quick detach and same price as the others in quick detach.

MI-QD30SMH-BLK

AD-RECON-H30

larue LT135

thats true, more pricey, But  out of curiousity  with my Borka Torque Limiter ( 65 inch lbs) , tried to test if it will return to zero after 2 times of on/off to my upper, honest to say that it did RTZ. I'm sure other well known mounts might also do the same.  well I dont usually buy new toys that much often, should be good for next 5-6 years. btw, got the mount when Geissele had 25% sale.

I had a LT-135 on order back in December. None in stock and they could not give me a timeframe for when they would be making more. I cancelled the LaRue and went with the ADM. I'm quite happy with the quality and really like the extra height.