Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anyone tried the CK Smooth Grip with Tape?

idHawk

As the title suggests, I am looking for feedback on the CK Grip, Smooth Version.  I have the textured version and I love it, but I am considering trying a Smooth Version with textured tape.   I would love to get some feedback from someone that has used one, good or bad.    My biggest concern is how well the tape will adhere.  

1 hour ago, AWLAZS said:

I have one. Its awesome. I installed the tape and have not had any issues at all.  I am not a fan of the super aggressive texture some folks mill into their grips these rock.

What tape did you use?   Is anyone other than Springer making tape for them?

I don't have a metal grip on my gun, but I'm sure it will stick just fine if you clean the grip really well with alcohol and everything before hand. I have taped several glocks, a plastic 2011 grip, my Tactical Sports, and a couple of 1911s and never had slipping issues on the grip. I went down to the skateshop in town and asked for some of the most aggressive stuff they had, and he gave me like the 2nd most aggressive. It will shred your hands if you are really getting after it. The most aggressive would probably make you bleed a lot, which doesn't seem good.

That is why I like the idea of the smooth grips, you can get exactly what texture you want from it, and change it out as your mood changes. And you can get it in pretty colors.

Edited by Gooldylocks

5 hours ago, idHawk said:

What tape did you use?   Is anyone other than Springer making tape for them?

I have the springer on there now. Its ok it seems durable. I do wish it was a little more aggressive.  A zone gear said they would cut some for me.  The tape for a PT grip would work if you trimmed it up a bit.