Nemesis Lead

Favorite optic for PCC

136 posts in this topic

How did you destroy the Romeo 3?  Was it by accident, or a design/workmanship issue?  I am running one now.

Stuff on the bench slid and took the MPX w it and it landed optic hood down on the concrete floor. Popped like a lightbulb.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Is sig going to help you out?

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Is sig going to help you out?

Replacing it no questions asked

On 1/9/2017 at 9:53 PM, taco2000 said:

i am on the same boat, but debating between MRO with full cowitness and the higher 1/3 co witness version with luth-ar stock , so that i can raise the cheek piece. 

can you tell me why you choose full cowitness over 1/3?

Lower 1/3 cowtiness raises the optic up every so slightly. Its mostly used for people with a fixed front sight that dont want the confusion/business of absolute cowitness sights. Being that we dont run back up irons in PCC its not needed to have the lower 1/3 and that most people run flip up back up iron sights too makes lower 1/3 not as necessary as it once was. Just my .02 cents. 

Trijicon MRO here.  I had a Vortex Spitfire 1x on it and didnt mind it, but tried a buddies MRO out and it is MUCH better (IMO) than the Spitfire.  

Does anyone find the C-more tactical Railway a fuzz too short even with the spacer?

Running MRO, but I do like the C-more's wide open sight picture a bit better for rapid transitions. 

15 hours ago, 450AK said:

Does anyone find the C-more tactical Railway a fuzz too short even with the spacer?

Hello: Make a thicker spacer to get it to the height you want. Thanks, Eric

Problem solved. 

Screenshot_2017-04-21-11-44-53-1.jpg

On 4/20/2017 at 8:06 PM, 450AK said:

At least on JRC, Tactical Railway sits at the perfect hight for me. 

I switched out the EOTech XPS2-1 that I had previously mounted on my AR-9 for a $270 Holosun 10C.  I'm going to return the EOTech under the class action lawsuit provisions for a full MSRP refund.

The Holosun is the same height above the rail and has a 2 MOA dot with a 65 MOA circle.  The reticle is much sharper than the similar EOTech version.  In addition, the primary power source for the Holosun is solar power with a wafer battery as backup.  It is also instant-on and includes and integral quick mount.  I've only used it for a week and in two matches but so far, so good.