Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite optic for PCC

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/9/2017 at 9:53 PM, taco2000 said:

i am on the same boat, but debating between MRO with full cowitness and the higher 1/3 co witness version with luth-ar stock , so that i can raise the cheek piece. 

can you tell me why you choose full cowitness over 1/3?

Lower 1/3 cowtiness raises the optic up every so slightly. Its mostly used for people with a fixed front sight that dont want the confusion/business of absolute cowitness sights. Being that we dont run back up irons in PCC its not needed to have the lower 1/3 and that most people run flip up back up iron sights too makes lower 1/3 not as necessary as it once was. Just my .02 cents. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I switched out the EOTech XPS2-1 that I had previously mounted on my AR-9 for a $270 Holosun 10C.  I'm going to return the EOTech under the class action lawsuit provisions for a full MSRP refund.

The Holosun is the same height above the rail and has a 2 MOA dot with a 65 MOA circle.  The reticle is much sharper than the similar EOTech version.  In addition, the primary power source for the Holosun is solar power with a wafer battery as backup.  It is also instant-on and includes and integral quick mount.  I've only used it for a week and in two matches but so far, so good. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/23/2017 at 6:04 PM, XD Niner said:

I switched out the EOTech XPS2-1 that I had previously mounted on my AR-9 for a $270 Holosun 10C.  I'm going to return the EOTech under the class action lawsuit provisions for a full MSRP refund.

The Holosun is the same height above the rail and has a 2 MOA dot with a 65 MOA circle.  The reticle is much sharper than the similar EOTech version.  In addition, the primary power source for the Holosun is solar power with a wafer battery as backup.  It is also instant-on and includes and integral quick mount.  I've only used it for a week and in two matches but so far, so good. 

Which holosun version do you have? My Eotech XPS2-0 is starting to fail and I am looking for something new to try out PCC. I have seen a few PA AMDS but no other experience with micro dots. Was looking at the HS502C. Is there a better option?

Thanks. 

I feel the Trijicon reflex RX-30 is severely underrated for PCC.  For me the field of view is cleaner compared to Eotech.  Also I feel the 42mm objective makes its faster than the Cmore to pick up targets.  Some say it's bulky and heavier but I feel the pros outweigh the added weight.

It is kind of a bummer because I have always shot tac optics with an Eotech, and I am sure I can get it fixed or replaced just not sure I have the confidence I did. Where I really have enjoyed the Eotech over the years are the off balance shots where you can walk the reticle to the edge of the glass and still be on target. Never felt like I was looking "through" something. Not sure my problem is related to the class action stuff or not but I have never abused this optic, it has never gotten wet and I have never hit it on anything. Kind of at a loss as to what to do. 

Lee

• 1 month later...

I've been using C-more tactical railways with the spacer with good results. 

Have another pcc I'm building up and have a Holosun HS510c on it, and it is a nice sight with a small 2 minute dot and a larger 65 moa ring like an Eotec.   It can be used with just the dot, or just the outer ring, or both and they look crisp and is a nice sight picture. 

I think the Cmore is a great red dot for pistol stage PCC type shooting and it is really light.  But,  the HS510C with its price point, 2 minute dot, bright and crisp dot and ring, easy to use controls, and Ti shroud make it a real contender for the Cmore. 

However, I wish it was a little higher.  It is sized to co-witness with iron sights like a lot of sights these days, and it does...but I would like to buy or make a 1/8 - 3/16" spacer to get it a tad higher for a more heads up position.  The initial marketing photos of the HS510C show it with a vented spacer, and i have emailed Holosun to see if you can buy them but no answer. 

Anybody know if you can buy a spacer for the HS510C? 

Edited by Bamboo

Hello: I got to try a MRO today after the match. It has slight magnification and a green/blue lens. The dot was very good in shape. I think the C-More for me is a better choice since it is faster and the field of view is better. I think for a match with longer shots a 1-4 power scope would be better. Thanks, Eric

I am kinda shocked Eotech isn't more popular. It is heavier but the field of view is amazing and shooting off the shoulder or in awkward angles is pretty easy as the POI tracks with the reticle as it moves around the window.

It's heavy, huge and block so much in your peripheral vision that it is slower from target to target. Try a C-more Railway and you'll understand instantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2 weeks later...

I picked up a Trijicon MRO off the prize table at Rockcastle this year. It is great little red dot for my AR9, light weight, and my eye picks up the dot quickly. I have a PA micro dot on a .22 AR that I have used for years, and this is a nice upgrade. Thanks to companies like Trijicon for sponsoring our sport!