Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite optic for PCC

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just switched from a SIG Romeo4b back to a SIG Romeo3 on the co-witness riser. The Romeo4b was good but the field of view on the Romeo3 is more more open since there is less scope body around the lense to block vision. The dot is also a bit more crisp and the lense a bit more clear. I also really like the auto sleep feature on the SIG optics since I never have to worry about whether I remembered to turn them off. Looks like my first PCC match will be 3 Gun Nation Nationals in a couple of weeks. 

Had a chance to look at 4 or 5 options at the last USPSA match. Think I'm leaning towards a C-more with at least an 8 MOA dot. There were a couple Bushnells, a Vortex Spitfire and a SPARC that I didn't really care for. Dots all seemed way too small for my liking. Really didn't like the multiple circle reticle of the Spitfire and neither did its owner, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using the Burris FF3 with the 3 minute dot, mounted with the AR-F3 mount on my JP 9mm carbine.  This sight has performed well for me in both USPSA and Outlaw steel matches.  I have had no problem with the Burris sight holding up.  I have another FF3 that lives on an R&R Saiga open shotgun, After over 4000 rounds of birdshot, buckshot and slugs it has never lost zero or failed in and way.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:58 AM, ksorrell said:

I had the 8 and switched to the 2. I thought the 8 was a little big for precision shots with tight hard cover or no shoots. We'll see how it works. First time running the 2 this weekend. It zeroed like a monster. 10 shots in a 1" circle at 15 yards.

Update. The 2moa dot was a complete failure in bright sunlight. Couldn't see the dot the whole match and basically point shot the entire thing. Went home put the 8 back on re-zeroed and won PCC at another match on Sunday.

Already had 4 C-Mores so another one was a no-brainer. I don't do matches with paper so I use mine for all steel so it has a 12 MOA dot on it. If I was shooing paper I would go down to 6-8 MOA but as it is I use 12-16 MOA like all the rest of my open division guns that mount C-Mores.