Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 vs Shadow target II Difference?

target4fun

Can someone educate me on the differences.  I am joining the cz 75 club and looking for a limited uspsa gun for uspsa and 3gun.  The thing I have not liked about some cz pistols is the large frame.  I have medium sized hands. 

I cant tell if shadow 2 and target II are the same pistol or what?

Yeah I held a shadow I really liked it.  It was some competition model had fiber optic sight and nice trigger.  I overlooked cz because many of the models I didnt like the way they fit in my hand but the 75 seems to be a good size.  It seems like the target II has a lot of hand fitting with the shadow 2 have the same or will it need to go to custom shop to get the same custom fitting as target II.  

Thanks for your input.  Can these models be used in production or only limited?  Thanks

22 minutes ago, target4fun said:

Yeah I held a shadow I really liked it.  It was some competition model had fiber optic sight and nice trigger.  I overlooked cz because many of the models I didnt like the way they fit in my hand but the 75 seems to be a good size.  It seems like the target II has a lot of hand fitting with the shadow 2 have the same or will it need to go to custom shop to get the same custom fitting as target II.  

Thanks for your input.  Can these models be used in production or only limited?  Thanks

These guns are essentially only production guns. Shooting them in Limited is basically a fools errand, the capacity is dismal in 40. 

Yeah I should give more details on what I am looking at.  I can run production with these, but for 3gun  I shoot in tac optics which by default puts me in limited pistol.  I have been just using my G34 for everything and in 3 gun there isnt an advantage to scoring for .40 otherwise I also have a g35.  

I assume they make base pads for these pistols that would bump up capacity?  Sorry im ignorant when it comes to cz, I have been very impressed when a student brought one to an instructor class i was teaching and kinda had a bug up my @ss to buy one ever since.  Just would rather have one really nice one I am also looking at the accu shadow it seems to be similar to target series? but different bushing system like a 1911? 

Thanks again guys im learning on cz here

Thanks Andreas, I do like more grip angle.  Main reason why i dont like sigs is the grip angle is way to straight up and down.  I like more of the luger grip angle if that makes sense.  Seems to fit my hand very well, hence colt woodsman is my favorite 22 pistol. 

Tactical sport does look like it has much more magazine capacity.  I am now gonna need to shoot both of these to compare.  The 75 might have been one of the ones that was too big in my hands.  Not sure but I do like the longer barrel, more sight radius is better and more magazine capacity. 

Tactical sport has a giant grip. Significantly larger than a 75 model. 

Okay, so you are looking at a minor gun. I still don't think the capacity is going to be that great, probably 21 maybe in 9mm for a 140 mag, but maybe that is okay for 3 gun.

But it does present you with more options. TTI and CZcustom both make basepads. You can get the triggers to be very good, and you could shoot them cocked and locked if you prefer as both the Target and the Shadow 2 have safeties.

Thanks gooldy for your input.   Gonna look for cz folks at matches and see if they will let me fondle them before or after match at safe bench.  

It looks like the accu shadow is a pretty accurate version based on my research any disadvantages to it.  Im of the thinking buy once cry once.  Sorry for so many questions.

I definitely want a 2-3.5 trigger with short reset will be more uniform to my ar15 which is 3 lbs elf trigger with no takeup at all and super short reset.  

The poundage in glock isnt bad and i have a short reset but take up is insanely long with the typical glock sponge break trigger.  

Thanks gooldy for your input.   Gonna look for cz folks at matches and see if they will let me fondle them before or after match at safe bench.  

It looks like the accu shadow is a pretty accurate version based on my research any disadvantages to it.  Im of the thinking buy once cry once.  Sorry for so many questions.

I definitely want a 2-3.5 trigger with short reset will be more uniform to my ar15 which is 3 lbs elf trigger with no takeup at all and super short reset.  

The poundage in glock isnt bad and i have a short reset but take up is insanely long with the typical glock sponge break trigger.  

My buddy's accu isn't actually any more accurate than his shadow custom. I would probably buy a regular one if it were me. You can also convert them to SAO, and be down around 2.5-3#. I've seen some pretty sweet SP01s with magwells, SAO, and 140 mags.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Gooldylocks said:

My buddy's accu isn't actually any more accurate than his shadow custom. I would probably buy a regular one if it were me. You can also convert them to SAO, and be down around 2.5-3#. I've seen some pretty sweet SP01s with magwells, SAO, and 140 mags.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was surprised how many SP-01 limited guns I saw at GA State. 

Yeah I think the SAO seems like a win.  Only disadvantage to it I see would be you wouldn't be able to re-hit a light strike primer.  But good springs should take care of that.  I like that I will look into that kit.  

Found on another forume that The SAO will put you into limited division for IDPA although I only shoot IDPA when there isnt a USPSA match just to get some trigger time.   In that case I can run my G34 or go limited. 

Can someone educate me on dust covers? 

My guesses???:

Short ones for lighter carry pistols but recoils more due to less weight up front, Possibly quicker transitions from target to target due to weight?

Full dust cover for adding weight soaking up recoil but not so hot for a carry gun where you want less weight? 

These are just guesses based on physics and other shooting principles

Edited by target4fun

On 8/31/2016 at 1:28 PM, target4fun said:

Yeah I think the SAO seems like a win.  Only disadvantage to it I see would be you wouldn't be able to re-hit a light strike primer.  But good springs should take care of that.  I like that I will look into that kit.  

Hammer spring weight has more influence on Double Action pull weight than Single action so there is no reason to push the limits with light springs. Stay with a 13 lb hammer spring or heavier and you should be good to go.