Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPX shooters - anyone shooting coated or plain lubed cast bullets?

wheelie

• 2 weeks later...

MPX is a different animal than a blow back 9mm AR. I got my MPX today and have had no luck with 3 of my pet 9mm production load. BBI 135gn 3.3gn N320... No go. 147gn Xtreme plated with 3.4 gn of Universal no-go. I did shoot 100 rounds of 115 Blazer Brass with 0 failures.

I am going to have to get the barrel port drilled out if I want to run subsonic ammo in this Gen2 MPX carbine.  I would rather that than load and carry another 9mm load. 

Any ideas where to get my barrel port drilled out would be appreciated. 

MPX is a different animal than a blow back 9mm AR. I got my MPX today and have had no luck with 3 of my pet 9mm production load. BBI 135gn 3.3gn N320... No go. 147gn Xtreme plated with 3.4 gn of Universal no-go. I did shoot 100 rounds of 115 Blazer Brass with 0 failures.

I am going to have to get the barrel port drilled out if I want to run subsonic ammo in this Gen2 MPX carbine.  I would rather that than load and carry another 9mm load. 

Any ideas where to get my barrel port drilled out would be appreciated. 

Hit up Taylor Pickerel on the MPX Owners Facebook group

6 hours ago, billdozer said:

Or just a numbered drill bit set. Stick a 5/16 dowel rod in your barrel and work your way up a few thousandths at a time.

It's the gas port that needs to be opined up a bit, not the chamber. That requires some press work to get everything apart so you can get to the hole. 

Taylor Pickerell has easily done more than anyone else.

I have a Gen one (which started with slightly larger gas port than the Gen IIs) and had no issues running very light Production loads through it. 147gr BBI with 4.1 N320. It shot extremely soft and quite. 

On Thursday, September 08, 2016 at 8:48 PM, alma said:

It's the gas port that needs to be opined up a bit, not the chamber. That requires some press work to get everything apart so you can get to the hole. 

I have a Gen one (which started with slightly larger gas port than the Gen IIs) and had no issues running very light Production loads through it. 147gr BBI with 4.1 N320. It shot extremely soft and quite. 

I meant using the dowel rod down the barrel so you dont smash into the other side when drilling out the gas port.

On 9/7/2016 at 3:32 PM, IntenseImage said:

Hit up Taylor Pickerel on the MPX Owners Facebook group

Great! I will do that. 

On 9/8/2016 at 6:48 PM, alma said:

This appears to be a Gen2 feature. I have not heard of any Gen1's having a problem with light loads. 

Thank you I will hit Taylor up on getting my port drilled.