Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow spring question

Craig1981

Think they would ship the pistol with the lightest springs already installed?

When I picked mine up Rob said he thought the smaller diameter short ones were the lighter springs. You are right no labels on mine either which kinda sucks you think the least the factory could do is label them when you spend that much on a gun.

Oh well still worth it I love the look and feel of this gun it's like a tank

4fc79a006082fc1dffa2fb0c92cb7f21.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks good man! I did a little testing with a trigger scale. Kinda threw a wrench in my thoughts. I got the lightest trigger pull weight with the medium sized springs. With the medium size springs i got 7lb 12oz in da and sa is 2lbs 14oz. Think i may try an 11lb mainspring.  The sa is great but would like to get the da a  it lighter

Looks good man! I did a little testing with a trigger scale. Kinda threw a wrench in my thoughts. I got the lightest trigger pull weight with the medium sized springs. With the medium size springs i got 7lb 12oz in da and sa is 2lbs 14oz. Think i may try an 11lb mainspring.  The sa is great but would like to get the da a  it lighter

I guess I will install the medium size springs. What was in yours when you got it?

Gun, 3 mags, 2 extra recoil springs, 2 extra main springs, lighter firing pin spring,  book, target,  few different size shock buffs. Said it was supposed to come with a cd. Not sure whats on it but i didnt get it

Edited by Craig1981

Gun, 3 mags, 2 extra recoil springs, 2 extra main springs, lighter firing pin spring,  book, target,  few different size shock buffs. Said it was supposed to come with a cd. Not sure whats on it but i didnt get it

Sorry I meant what springs were in your gun when you got it?

Should be the same kind of progression on the main springs. Sorry I don't have any to measure. Need to go based on the wire diameter not the length.

15 hours ago, kgil275 said:

This should help. 

17 hours ago, kgil275 said:

This should help. 

It sounds logical, but I've some doubts. I've measured several springs. According to my findings all CZ recoil springs are made from ø1.0 mm (0.039") and ø1.1 mm (0.043") wires. Coil winding will deform wire diameter and some variation from nominal diameter can be seen in final product. It is easy for manufacturing and logistics to have only two source materials. The different weights are made with other parameters like outside diameter (ø8.8-9.7 mm), free length (115-143 mm) and number of effective coils (27-34). To recognize unmarked springs later take note of the outside diameter and number of coils when purchasing.