Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 Tactical Sport .357Sig Project

Hennig

Heya fellas,

Just thought Id share the latest project - just got back from the smith a few days ago.

Id been shooting a 9mm TS for a while now, loved it to bits. After competing with it for a while, I decided I wanted to move up to Major PF in STD, so set about acquiring a .357Sig TS (Im in Aus, so no .40 for me).

I eventually tracked one down for a good price. Prior to going to the smith it had:

-CZUB Grips

-CZUB Magwell

- CZUB Front Sight

- LPA Adjustable rear

AA1D31DE-CE86-463C-A449-24D8267B8B79_zps

I figured I may as well get it dolled up from the get go, so sent it off to the smith for:

- Drilled and tapped frame, CMORE pattern, for the DAA Adjustable STD Thumbrest

- Docked frame

- Ball cuts the length of the slide.

- Slide lightening cuts.

- Cut dovetail for the Zigracker Standard Racker

- Beadblasted

This is what I got back:

79C7BE2C-05CC-4154-A022-7584C198C3CD_zps

58EDE742-02DC-4A27-A047-2BC0148273B6_zps

93A46755-2322-4443-9838-3F34A824B992_zps

While the fixed TS rear sight is a perfectly serviceable racker, the new gun had a LPA adjustable rear, so I figured this was the perfect excuse to get a dedicated racker installed. Thumbrest is pretty nice, the adjustablity is nice - although for feel Id almost prefer the Advance Ratio Xcel thumbrest I had on the black gun. Because the DAA is designed for 19/2011s, it steps out to allow for the slide, which isnt needed in the CZ. I need to take maybe 3mm off the racker, and it will fit in the standard box. The RHS safety has been ground flat and recoated to allow for the racker and CZCustom Extended safety on the LHS.

In the interim I also acquired a spare 9mm barrel, which has been fitted as well.

I do all my own cerakote work, so I figured Id jump in and go with a custom gold blend (factory gold is a bit too yellow for my taste), and I love how it came out.

31971D79-2714-466D-9D0C-6804A1D8A092_zps

C9C0ABF6-AC01-4F3C-9DDA-AAA831205E41_zps

This week Ill do the grips in black, and the magwell in gold. One of the boys from TFR did a quick photoshop. Will likely do the thumbrest and racker in black too.

FBF38164-97E3-4D47-A853-210E64B8121C_zps

All ready for the match tomorrow - trial by fire!

44AEA506-1717-4CCA-B15D-B6F6029E0F57_zps

Edited by Hennig
Img Tages

I'm curious about the slide.  If you can't buy a .40 S&W pistol, did you have a 9MM slide opened up to accommodate the back end of the .357 SIG case or is it okay to buy a .40 S&W slide and have it shipped over there as long as you don't have the barrel, too?

And, very pretty pistol, how does it shoot?

My first CZ, a P07, I bought in .40 S&W specifically to then buy a 9MM barrel and have it rechambered to .357 SIG.  I took it to the range to shoot and it did so well I wouldn't ever consider messing it up by having it converted to .357 SIG.  So I bought a P09 in .40 S&W but so far haven't gotten around to having a 9MM barrel rechambered for it.  I still need to do that (got a lot of .357 SIG brass/ammo in the shed since I no longer shoot my M&P .357 SIG.)

1 hour ago, M1A4ME said:

I'm curious about the slide.  If you can't buy a .40 S&W pistol, did you have a 9MM slide opened up to accommodate the back end of the .357 SIG case or is it okay to buy a .40 S&W slide and have it shipped over there as long as you don't have the barrel, too?

And, very pretty pistol, how does it shoot?

My first CZ, a P07, I bought in .40 S&W specifically to then buy a 9MM barrel and have it rechambered to .357 SIG.  I took it to the range to shoot and it did so well I wouldn't ever consider messing it up by having it converted to .357 SIG.  So I bought a P09 in .40 S&W but so far haven't gotten around to having a 9MM barrel rechambered for it.  I still need to do that (got a lot of .357 SIG brass/ammo in the shed since I no longer shoot my M&P .357 SIG.)

Long story short, we can have .40s on a high cal license, but can't use them for ipsc. I have high cal endorsement, so could have bought this as a .40 and got a sig barrel, but was fortunate enough to come across one already done.

• 2 weeks later...