Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what mount to replace my serindipity

Sandbagger123

Hello: If you like the upright mount you can convert your Serindipity to a slide ride and use the Double Tap mount for it. If you are going to a single sided mount as stated above you will have to drill and tap two more holes in the frame. Then you will have to decide on a straight up mount or a 90 degree mount or even a 45 degree mount. Lots of options so take your time to see what you will like the best. Thanks, Eric

3 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: If you like the upright mount you can convert your Serindipity to a slide ride and use the Double Tap mount for it. If you are going to a single sided mount as stated above you will have to drill and tap two more holes in the frame. Then you will have to decide on a straight up mount or a 90 degree mount or even a 45 degree mount. Lots of options so take your time to see what you will like the best. Thanks, Eric

Is adding the 2 extra holes mandatory when going to a side mount? Is tree not sufficient?

Thanks 

If you dont mind, may I ask whats preferable in a separate mount over the seredipity? Unless its going to be a 90deg sideways.

1 of 3 of my open guns has a serendipty. The one with the serendipity was the latest acquisition. Among the 3, I prefer it most than the others that I plan to change the other 2 to serendipty. Am i missing something?

Edited by BoyGlock

15 hours ago, BoyGlock said:

If you dont mind, may I ask whats preferable in a separate mount over the seredipity? Unless its going to be a 90deg sideways.

1 of 3 of my open guns has a serendipty. The one with the serendipity was the latest acquisition. Among the 3, I prefer it most than the others that I plan to change the other 2 to serendipty. Am i missing something?

I've run both, and perfer a single sided mount over the serendipity 

i remember watching an episode of topshot that had a couple of limcat open guns and in ultra slowmo it showed how much the 

The c-more flexed during recoil, I just figured an aluminum mount would flex less than a plastic one

4 hours ago, rishii said:

I've run both, and perfer a single sided mount over the serendipity 

i remember watching an episode of topshot that had a couple of limcat open guns and in ultra slowmo it showed how much the 

The c-more flexed during recoil, I just figured an aluminum mount would flex less than a plastic one

Agree it flexes more than a metal mount but its known to last over high volume of ammo. It shows its material and design are sound. Mine is on the 10k mark of major 38sc and Ive not lost zero yet. The side legs are as solid as new.

On the racker screw issue I prefer Brazos tool less ones. 

The advantages that convinced me to prefer the serendipity over other mounts are:

1. Lesser weight at the top

2. Since the mount is solid with the sight, its less one interface where trouble can occur. 

3. Less screw to loosen in time. Everytime I clean my guns I check all screws in the mount and in the serendipity its less 2 screws at the top to check. Its a small thing but as time goes by, I noticed and appreciate the difference.

4. Its lower than with the separate mount although this doesnt bother me much. Ive shot open Glock 17 with a Carver hunter mount which is very high compared to our standard, without any difficulty.