Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Gunworks Experience?

Sporky

I had a limited gun built by them and you will not regret it. The service before and after the sale was second to none, above and beyond expectations. The gun itself is unbelievably well built (and I'm a fussy SOB) and it flat out runs, I've got about 6k rounds through mine with no malfunctions. It makes my edge feel like a glock, really its that good. I'm ruined now.

I also went from an edge to an atlas.  I bought one of his Titan prototypes a few weeks ago.  I have around a thousand rounds through it and I love it.  Im actually about to sell the edge and order another from Adam.  Theres at least a half dozen atlas guns at my local club and theres no complaints.  His customer service is top notch.  Don't hesitate to order from Atlas.  Just give me a week or two so I'm ahead of you in line hahaha.

Friend ordered an Open build from Adam not long ago and has yet to receive it, but the work he did on his DVC Limited was so good that that was what prompted him to get the Open build. Also, Ben Stoeger's Pro Shop has a section dedicated to Adam's stuff, albeit it is not updated with his current line of offerings.

Atlas is a first rate company.  They build an excellent gun and do it in a timely fashion.  Their service after the sale is phenomenal.  Had one minor issue on at a Saturday match and sent an email after the match.  Had the answer the next day.  Strongly recommend them.

Don't hesitate.  Adam is a great guy who will take the time to discuss every aspect of your build and that doesn't stop after delivery.  Have a question.. just call, text or email him and he will take all the time in the world to answer it.  He is a shooter building guns for shooters.

I have bought two open guns from him this year.  Both are running like Swiss watches.  I do not keep exact round counts on my competition guns but the first one has over 10k  without a single issue.  The second has around 3k without an issue. The fit and finish are second to none.  Slide to frame fit is supper tight yet the slide glides like it is on ball bearings.  Accuracy is just what you would expect from a gun at this level.. less than 1 inch at 25.

One of my mbx mags was having an issue.  I called Adam and he walked me through tweaking the way the follower was sitting in the tube.  I told him I was heading out to the range to test things as I had a match coming up in a few days.  He told me don't hesitate to call him from the range if  the tweak didn't solve the issue no matter how late in the day it got.  I didn't need to call him back but it was nice to know he was there for assistance.

The only downside... you will want to order another one.. they are that good.  I am already thinking about my third.. this time a full custom 4 inch 2011 carry... just have to find the funds lol..

Edited by jrn1975

Have handled and shot both of JRN's open pistols. Absolutely amazing pistols. I'll get a chance to look over a freshly delivered open pistol Adam built for another shooter here today as well.

I had an issue with a used open pistol that I had purchased with a 3 day inspection period. Adam (having nothing to do with this particular pistol) took the time to help me figure out what was going on. Saved me a massive headache down the road. A while later, Adam had a pistol on trade on that I ended up purchasing (CK thunder open pistol). Adam again took a ton of time to answer questions from me (I'm sure some of them stupid). He even made some changes to the pistol at my request prior to sending it w/o extra charge. When I have the $$ for a custom open gun my business will definitely be going to Adam at Atlas.

On 8/28/2016 at 10:26 PM, jrn1975 said:

Don't hesitate.  Adam is a great guy who will take the time to discuss every aspect of your build and that doesn't stop after delivery.  Have a question.. just call, text or email him and he will take all the time in the world to answer it.  He is a shooter building guns for shooters.

I have bought two open guns from him this year.  Both are running like Swiss watches.  I do not keep exact round counts on my competition guns but the first one has over 10k  without a single issue.  The second has around 3k without an issue. The fit and finish are second to none.  Slide to frame fit is supper tight yet the slide glides like it is on ball bearings.  Accuracy is just what you would expect from a gun at this level.. less than 1 inch at 25.

One of my mbx mags was having an issue.  I called Adam and he walked me through tweaking the way the follower was sitting in the tube.  I told him I was heading out to the range to test things as I had a match coming up in a few days.  He told me don't hesitate to call him from the range if  the tweak didn't solve the issue no matter how late in the day it got.  I didn't need to call him back but it was nice to know he was there for assistance.

The only downside... you will want to order another one.. they are that good.  I am already thinking about my third.. this time a full custom 4 inch 2011 carry... just have to find the funds lol..

+1. I just got a Limited gun from Adam and it is amazing. I shot it for a practice match and it ran like it had 10K rounds through it. This gun is super tight but it runs like it is on glass. Whenever I called or email he got back to me very quickly. You can't go wrong with a gun from Adam.

I've never shot an Atlas gun, but I did get to handle and examine one at the Area 8 Championship.  He had a trailer there.  I thought it very well made.  While there a friend (one of the ROs) had problems with his pistol the day before.  Atlas offered to strip his pistol and go over it to find out what, if anything was wrong.  And they did this free of charge. 

Today my son's DVC turned into a single shot on the 5th stage of the area 8 match. the Atlas crew was all packed up and ready to leave, they opened their trailer back up and started working on the gun. in the mean time Adam gave my son his personal gun to shoot the match with while they worked on his gun. he wasn't sure if he had the parts to get it running again so he said for us to just finish the match with his gun and to just ship it back to him on tuesday.

In the end they got my son's gun up and running, and it worked great for the rest of the match. 

They again have earned a loyal customer in me. 

Edited by Woodsk

Adam impressed me as well.  I spent some time talking to him about some of his ideas.  

The open gun he had one display had zero vertical barrel movement and was completely fitted correctly.  The slide frame fit was equally impressive.  You can see the care involved in his builds.  Everything in the grip/beavertail area was completely blended for a great grip.  

His comp looks like a well thought out design.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd add that I put a deposit on my second Atlas gun yesterday.  This one will be my primary and the one I have now will become my back up.  Both will be almost identical aside from finish and some very minor details.  I can't wait.  Did you end up ordering with them?

Just got word my single stack is finished, and will be shipped out next week.

Adam really did a solid by configuring the mag release to both work with the gun, and fit me. I normally use the Wilson in my 1911's. But Adam said it wouldn't work well if using 10 rd mags to shoot in limited. The egw was better to use, but most mag buttons are round. And I use the Wilson because it extends back more towards my thumb. So he took an EGW mag release, and cut it so he could put the Wilson paddle on it. Now I have the best of both for me.

My Open gun started having trigger problems right before the Area 8 Championship this year.  Instead of trying to monkey with it myself I did the smart thing for a change and contacted a pro.  I knew Atlas was sponsoring the match and would be in the vendor area working on guns. So I got up with them about my problem, and they prepped some trigger parts for me the week before the match.  I dropped the gun off to them Friday, they worked on it most of the day fitting all new trigger group and safety.

Adam was very helpful, and explained everything he needed to do. Gun ran 100% for match the next day. I know I wasn't the only guy they bailed out at Area 8.  When I'm ready to buy a new gun, or need anything done they will be at the top of my list to contact.

6 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

My Open gun started having trigger problems right before the Area 8 Championship this year.  Instead of trying to monkey with it myself I did the smart thing for a change and contacted a pro.  I knew Atlas was sponsoring the match and would be in the vendor area working on guns. So I got up with them about my problem, and they prepped some trigger parts for me the week before the match.  I dropped the gun off to them Friday, they worked on it most of the day fitting all new trigger group and safety.

Adam was very helpful, and explained everything he needed to do. Gun ran 100% for match the next day. I know I wasn't the only guy they bailed out at Area 8.  When I'm ready to buy a new gun, or need anything done they will be at the top of my list to contact.

I can only imagine how many folks they saved.  Several even with non 1911/2011 guns.