Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weight belt shot shell caddie set up

3 hours ago, Garmil said:

I think he means what Keith Garcia is using.  Neoprene weightlifting belt. He uses safariland 086 on it. Not sure on the mounting method to the belt,

Yes this is what I'm talking about, I actually already have a 28rd Invictous setup, I just like the idea of it mounted on a weight belt rather than the 2" strap for comfort and it staying where I want it.

We use packs like that in paintball.

Way easier to run at full sprint and slide BC you tension with on either side.

Way less bobble when you are wearing 10-15lbs you need to keep tight to your body.

Maybe I need to grab a pack and modify it some.

1 hour ago, Garmil said:

edit. 

Tried getting the video of it on here but it's on Facebook not YouTube and isn't working.

I had a look at the video on Keith's FB page looks to be this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BRPNPYU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3KFSS0EQ5OYS&coliid=I17HSAIHBY1B1K&psc=1

I'm going to measure myself over the weekend and order one Monday.

2 hours ago, Boxerglocker said:

Does anyone have a link to the type of belt Garcia is using? I've been thinking on mounting my Invictus chest rig on something similar as well. Ideally finding something similar to the chameleon belt which is only offered as a load 2. 

I ALICE clipped my invictus deturk lite-vest (20) to a 5.11 chest rig.  No more sliding down, or twisting around.  I added a couple zip ties for a bit more stability.  works great.

2 minutes ago, Vespid_Wasp said:

I ALICE clipped my invictus deturk lite-vest (20) to a 5.11 chest rig.  No more sliding down, or twisting around.  I added a couple zip ties for a bit more stability.  works great.

I’ve seen that type of a setup before and the vest style shoulder strapped chest rig just isn’t for me. I actually want the versatility of being able to wear it on my back when starting a stage prone then if worn loose enough turn it around after standing.

3 minutes ago, Boxerglocker said:

I’ve seen that type of a setup before and the vest style shoulder strapped chest rig just isn’t for me. I actually want the versatility of being able to wear it on my back when starting a stage prone then if worn loose enough turn it around after standing.

Yep.  I can see the appeal of that.  Not for me personally but I have seen it work very well.

On 8/26/2016 at 11:36 AM, Garmil said:

i think you would need a gut to make that work.  by the time i can make my  rig stay up on my chest without slipping down it does not rotate very well.

I've been wanting to try a chest rig. But I'm thinking the same thing, I don't see how it would work without me cinching it down.

My wife just picked one of these up and I am thinking about getting one as well. What do you think this version is setup to fit ELS clips so if you have extra caddies you can add a few backer plates and just clip them on the belt.  She chose to go with dedicated sets of shell holders so they are more secure and don't hang out as far.

14203218_1754613421463707_30166754898596

Edited by JAF1680