Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3gun at Middle TN Shooters Club 9-4-2016

Middle TN Shooters Club will be hosting its monthly 3gun match on Sunday September 4th. It will feature 5 fun and challenging stages.
Stage 1. 2 gun
Stage 2. 2 gun
Stage 3. 3 gun
Stage 4. 2 gun
Stage 5. 2 gun
Longest rifle shot is 200 yards.
No slings necessary. 

Registration will be available on practiscore or day of the match between 11:00 and noon. We will start shooting shortly thereafter. Match fee is $25 for non-members and $20 for members.
Range Address:
MTSC
1862 Sixteenth Model Rd
Manchester, TN 37355
Take the right fork at the Gun Shop Office

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!  This is one you definitely don't want to miss if you're anywhere in the area.  5 stages, rifle to 220 yds (with VTAC boards and roofs to shoot from), swingers, movers, stars, and anything else you can think of for only $25.

Even the bay stages always stay interesting.   Stage 3, for example, had a great mix of small and large targets and was supposed to force you to slow down and speed up depending on the target difficulty instead of just blasting away. Me being me, I had to analyze the video and see if I really did slow down and speed up as I'm supposed to: I took an average of 0.92 seconds to take a shot at the large paper rifle targets. 0.85 seconds to take a shot at the small paper targets, and 0.93 seconds to take a shot at a clay. So I have the "slowing down" part down, but it looks like I'm missing the "speeding up" part!

My plan for the swinger at the end didn't quite work out like I thought it would, but luckily neither did anyone else's plan for the swinger so it didn't hurt me too badly.  Good times!

Edited by Matt in TN