Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Universal decapping die (Lee, Dillon, something else)?

I want a universal decapping die.  It don't expect I will be using it often.  I drank the Dillon kool-aid decades ago, but in this case I'm wondering if the Dillon universal decapping die is worth twice the price of the Lee.  I plan to use the die mostly in a Lee single stage press, but might need it on my Dillon S-1050 from time to time.  Is the Dillon die worth twice the price of the Lee?

lee. I also really like their sizing dies, seating dies and crimp dies and use them in multiple calibres on my dillon 650.

the universal decapper from lee is great. buy a few spare decapper pins just in case but they are close to unbreakable. :)

• 2 weeks later...

9 out of 9 recommended the LEE and you bought a Dillon. I like a man who can think for himself!:lol: But I also prefer LEE. I actually don't have a single Dillon die in my main tool head anymore. 

9 out of 9 recommended the LEE and you bought a Dillon. I like a man who can think for himself!:lol: But I also prefer LEE. I actually don't have a single Dillon die in my main tool head anymore. 

I know. I'm so ashamed. I know I can kick this Dillon monkey on my back. Maybe a 12 step program would help. Anyone want to be my sponsor?

Oh! Wait! Screw it. I see a shiny Dillon SL900 over yonder with my name on it tempting me like some sorceress... with big American breasts........ :)

• 1 month later...

I have both the Lee and RCBS universal decapping dies. They both work well. I have read some folks have broken/bent Lee decapping pins so I bought some 3rd party ones from Squirrel Daddy (I swear that's the companies name) off Amazon that are supposed to indestructible...I'll let you know when I break those. They were cheap though, 3 for like $6.00.