Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CO reflex sights that work

GOF

• 3 weeks later...

So far so good on the Romeo1. I have about 2k on mine and mine was also exposed to a bunch of aggressive slide manipulation using the optic as a charging handle again a table... It's a long story. 

The stand-alone Romeo1 isn't shipping yet so for the time being it's only available pre-installed on the RX SIGs. The P320 RX are going for $750 to $800 for the gun and optic installed package. 

This may be the wrong place to ask a question, but I wonder if anyone has been using a c-more slide ride in a CO application, and if so, how it is holding up. I ask because i got one off the prize table last weekend, and it will work perfectly for my .22 steel challenge gun, but wondering if it can do double-duty should I want to try CO with my cz production gun.

3 hours ago, motosapiens said:

This may be the wrong place to ask a question, but I wonder if anyone has been using a c-more slide ride in a CO application, and if so, how it is holding up. I ask because i got one off the prize table last weekend, and it will work perfectly for my .22 steel challenge gun, but wondering if it can do double-duty should I want to try CO with my cz production gun.

It's possible. Something like 12 years ago I initially set up an "Open" Glock with a slide ride. It hangs way off the back and I put some skate tape on the rear of the scope so I could grab onto it like a charging handle. As opposed to the frame mounted methods, I didn't have to worry about ejection port clearance so that was nice. It seemed to hold up fine after like 1,000 rounds of major 9. I ended up going with the the frame mount since adding 3 oz of mass to the slide made the gun cycle slower and flip more. It was just harder to keep the dot settled than it would have been with a frame mount. It's also quite a bit taller than the other options that are out there now for slide mounting. I still have the C-More and it's still working pretty well all things considered. I would never want to go this route again if I had another option. It's just too big.

• 3 weeks later...

I use Burris FF3s on all my pistols but one.  Three of them are slide mounted on center fire pistols.  One is slide mounted via dovetail adapter on a 45 1911.  Another is directly slide mounted on a 45 1911.  The third is slide mounted (dovetail adapter) on one of my Open guns.   A fourth is slide mounted on my Open 22 pistol (entire slide recoils).  The oldest is 4 years old has has been through many tens of thousands of rounds.  A couple of months ago the little plastic cover that covers the LED port cracked and fell off.  The sight still worked perfectly, but I was afraid dirt might get in. So I sent it back to Burris for repair.  Three weeks later I received a brand new unit as a replacement.  I've had no issues with any of the others.  They are all 8 MOA.  

I have a Trijicon RM02 on Glock 17 that 3 years old and used frequently. No problems at all.

I have switched to a CZ 75 Shadow custom and a Trijicon is too wide for the slide. I switched to a RTS2 and have no problems so far. I believe I will eventually get a Deltapoint Pro because I have heard good things about them .

Edited by Brooke

• 2 weeks later...