Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X frame cylinder

Daniele

If a group of us were interested and started a "group buy", get a gunsmith and tool shop lined up, collect enough money upfront for say a run of 100 conversions (cylinder assembly, barrel, hand, fitting and shipping) from our own N frames, it could happen, right ?

I personally like the idea of an Xframe 10 shot 9mm but Xframes a fewer out there than Ns. 

PS: I apologize for thread drift.

Hey Iowa, those pics of my 10-shooter came out pretty good.  I hadn't seen them before.  Rich took them while we were standing in line at the Chrono stage at last year's IRC in Fallon, NV.  They said I chronoed at 980fps with a 142 grain handcast bullet (my design).  I had to wonder about their Chrono setup...I was making 900 at home.  I hope my chrono isn't that far off.

Having ten shots came in handy on a few stages at the IRC.

The problem with more rounds is that it takes more torque to rotate the mass quickly due to more cylinder weight and more ammo weight.

Also, when all those BBs are moved farther from the rotational axis is requires more force to get all that stuff moving and the trigger just isn't going to feel as nice.

Pert, one just has to thread the barrel with the correct offset and time it up to the right place.  

Additionally, Iowa, for your kit you need a 10-shot extractor/ratchet and the pieces for a relocated floating firing pin.

That gun, just like a lot of things I've done, was another way of confirming my membership in the JTPIC club.  JTPIC means "just to prove I could".

On a last note, Dave Hearth can definitely provide clips for pretty much any revo you design.  I'd like to see a clip for that 18-shot, three-barreled gun.  That's chambered in 25ACP, incidentally.

Kirby G

On 9/6/2016 at 5:38 PM, pyrrhic3gun said:

Hey Iowa, those pics of my 10-shooter came out pretty good.  I hadn't seen them before.  Rich took them while we were standing in line at the Chrono stage at last year's IRC in Fallon, NV.  They said I chronoed at 980fps with a 142 grain handcast bullet (my design).  I had to wonder about their Chrono setup...I was making 900 at home.  I hope my chrono isn't that far off.

Having ten shots came in handy on a few stages at the IRC.

The problem with more rounds is that it takes more torque to rotate the mass quickly due to more cylinder weight and more ammo weight.

Also, when all those BBs are moved farther from the rotational axis is requires more force to get all that stuff moving and the trigger just isn't going to feel as nice.

Pert, one just has to thread the barrel with the correct offset and time it up to the right place.  

Additionally, Iowa, for your kit you need a 10-shot extractor/ratchet and the pieces for a relocated floating firing pin.

That gun, just like a lot of things I've done, was another way of confirming my membership in the JTPIC club.  JTPIC means "just to prove I could".

On a last note, Dave Hearth can definitely provide clips for pretty much any revo you design.  I'd like to see a clip for that 18-shot, three-barreled gun.  That's chambered in 25ACP, incidentally.

Kirby G

Thanks Kirby:wacko:

Hi Kirby,

Really appreciate your giving more info about that gun.

On 9/6/2016 at 8:38 PM, pyrrhic3gun said:

Kirby G

Maybe I'm asking for too much here, but I wonder, if some spring/assist, can be built into the cylinder/crane opening/closing action that will "help" the large and heavy cylinder move when the hand nudges it during cycling/firing. :)

Also, does anyone know for sure if the diameter of the XFrame cylinder is indeed bigger than an NFrame ?

• 2 weeks later...