Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Using tapatalk search - please post if it works for you

1sickPuppy

I have the same issue with Android app. It takes long time to pull results now (used to be instantaneous before server update) and results always empty.

The web ui does return results quick for the same search. Though it is very annoying that they are sorted by relevance by default and you have to wait 5..10 seconds to sort them by date...

But you are actually getting search results?

It gives me empty results every other time for the same search query. But even when it works, 1..2 minutes to get those results is way over any reasonable threshold.

I'm still not getting any search results in any part of the forum. I can search within threads but not posts or topics. Any progress on this? I've contacted tapatalk also who said they were looking into it but that was 4 days ago since I've heard back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's going to be a while... :( Tapatalk support checked the app / install, and said it all looked good. 

We are in line for a minor upgrade (security issue) that will happen on Friday. Once that is done, the plan is to uninstall / reinstall Tapatalk, and go from there. :)

I just saw this in the upgrade ticket:

"Those tasks are triggered by forum activity (people logged in and browsing the site), and until they finish, some of the "counts" may not be correct, and search may return invalid results."

So let's wait a day or two before deciding if the search still doesn't work...