Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun August 10-13, 2017

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, 1chota said:

Usually about 6oo is the max.  Those are rare.  Out to 400 is the most common array, with one or two a little farther.

Thats what I remember as well. Just wanted to be sure there weren't any curve balls this year. Especially since the slug count seems unusually low.

2017 RM3G is now history.  Very well done stages!  Kudos to all hard working ROs and match staffs, you guys/gals pulled this match off in the rain (and hail) not at all typical of Raton in August.  Challenging rifle shooting has been RM3G's DNA from the get go and 2017 re-affirmed it - A great mix of long and intermediate range targets combined with field courses made it awesome!  Nothing was more satisfying than seeing the 530 yds flashes went off on the first/second shot :P.  Thanks for keeping those targets painted, for limited iron guy, I had almost no trouble identifying steel at this year's match.

12 hours ago, Benelli Chick said:

Final Results are up at: http://rm3gworld.webs.com/

Under 2017 Final Results

They are sorted by division in colors. 

You can see time and percent on each stage as well.

Thanks everybody!

Remember to thank the sponsors!!

So many shoot He Man! I guess it's not so dead afterall. :D

Best all shotgun stage at this match ever.

We shot #3 as the last stage on the last day and, as is customary, I was first up. I don't know how that happens to me every year on the SG stage..:D

I usually cringe at the 30+ birdshot stages but this one was well laid out and actually gave the average shotgunner a chance to load and transition to the rabbits and flyers. No real "walk by" target "traps" or sneaky targets etc... And we mostly shot in the shade.

Kudos to the designers on this stage in particular.

I had more fun shooting the match this year than any previous year.  Stages were awesome & my squad left me rolling on floor laughing.  

I especially enjoyed the limited walk thru time on stage 6.  I didnt do very well but it was great fun.  No rehearsed dance with every move memorized but instead use your wits, Head on a swivel, Brain turned on.  Although its a match director nightmare, wish there were more stages like this.  Is not practical though & is prone to people trying to cheat so I am not campaigning for a bunch more stages this way but I wish it could be that way.

Edited by mlmiller1